Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: pattern doesn't carve

Quote Originally Posted by Sliverfoot View Post
    Ok. not sure what you mean.
    How?
    Go to your program scroll down to flash manager and reformat your card
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Go to File - Flash Manager... (Right above Upload). Press Format and then Firmware. Reinstall the latest firmware. Upload your project again and give it another go.

Let us know how it goes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flash Manager.png  

Back to basics... I think it is just dirty Z Rails.... With the V60 being a shorter bit the Z head must go down further to do it's bit touch and since the Z Motor Current Sensing is turned on looking for a increase as it touches the bit plate then reversing. The dirty rail is what the z truck is hitting, I call it a "Speed Bump". Either a bunch of sawdust and wood sap on the rail or in the Z Belt cogs...

The Rail in "No Mans" land between the upper and lower Z rail Bearing needs to be cleaned too...

Likely the left Z roller Rail where the SPLATTER of wood chips and sap hit and build up....

Since the 1/8 inch bit is longer, the rollers don't get into the dirty area.... and works fine.

I use a tooth brush size brass wire brush to scrub the rails....

The "speed bump" simulates touching the bit plate TOO early hence the Air Carve....

Hence the suggestion to always watch the bit touch every time....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 08-08-2015 at 11:11 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sliverfoot View Post
    Just tried it again, The 1/8 cut bit touches the bit plate and the wood. The 60 degree touches the bit plate.....
    I do not think that is it Al. The V bit touches the bit plate. What else would cause the air cut?

Maybe the sleeve or the collar on the bit shaft needs to be longer or slid up. I don't know what the tolerances are but it might be possible for the bit to touch the bit plate and still be too short.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I do not think that is it Al. The V bit touches the bit plate. What else would cause the air cut?
    Missed the touches...

Bad dog.... go to your coop....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Finally got a chance to try running it again, sorry for not getting back sooner.
    I didn't want to reformat my card right away because I had a few hours of scanned items on it. And I just had too much going on around here to get back in the shop. My apologies.
    Ok, tried reformatting and then reinstalling firmware, unfortunately it didn't change a thing.
    Tried changing the position of the sleeve on the shaft, nada. The machine calls for the cutting bit first and goes through the touches. Then it calls for the 60 degree and dips on the near side goes and touches the touch plate on the back side, comes back and tries to route but just air carves.
    Something that I noticed when I reloaded the project into Pro. I get several messages saying that "A font used in this project [***] isn't installed on this computer. A best guess substitution was made from the available fonts"
    I don't remember any warnings before, maybe they were there, but I don't remember. I did design this using windows 8.1 and have switched to 10 in between loading it to the card. I don't know I'm stumped.

Try a project which just uses the V bit and see if that works.

I'll give a try now.

Ok ran a "running a test" using the 60 degree on normal and then I changed the pattern to try a 90 degree.
    The 60 degree, in some places barely carved, the 90 degree was much better. I suppose this is a no brainer but this is my first experience using centerline.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast