Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Board movement

So I checked the squaring plate and it is dead on. I then leveled the posts and still have movement when coming to the front of the machine. Any more ideas?

Thanks

So, this is a new machine with rubber belts. It has always done this drift since you bought it. The squaring plate is square and the head is level. The outfeed rollers are either level or not involved.

Well, I am almost out of ideas. Inspect the rollers above. Maybe one of the bushings on the end has something blocking it from going up. Try some experiments. Try with different width boards. Try with different head pressure. Try and get some more info.

Quote Originally Posted by atldal View Post
    So I checked the squaring plate and it is dead on. I then leveled the posts and still have movement when coming to the front of the machine. Any more ideas?

Thanks

Did you check the head for level from keyboard side to the bit plate side?

Put a full width board in the machine, lower the head down to the board and install the 1/8" straight bit.
    Go to user options-sensor checks-Z data and record the readings as you lower the bit to the board on the keyboard and bit plate sides. If the head is level the reading sound be the same or very/very close.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

How about the whole head being twisted? Shipping damage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12