Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Board movement

Default Board movement

Hello all,

I have an issue with my new machine that I can't seem to figure out. While it is moving the board, it is allowing the board to move at an angle under the rollers. I use tape on all projects and have tried it without tape. It always seems to happen when it comes to the right side if your looking at the keypad. I've tested the head pressure and am within the range. Anybody have this same issue or a fix?

Thanks

Check the squaring plate for squareness. Check the head for level.

I have also had it happen when my outfeed rollers are not square to my cart holding the CW. There is a bit of wobble to my squaring plate, and off it goes at an angle.

Where is the squaring plate?

it is the bar on the side opposite the keypad, about an inch wide. You should be sliding it over to hold the board in place. I put a biz card in there to give it a little gap.. stops binding. Remove biz card before carving

If you haven't used it before, it may not be obvious that in the center of it is a toggle you must press down to get it to slide away, you will have to remove the board to get to it!

I'm sorry, had a brain fart there, I due use the squaring plate

Quote Originally Posted by DianMayfield View Post
    it is the bar on the side opposite the keypad, about an inch wide.
    That is the sliding plate. The squaring plate is the fixed plate on the keypad side of the board. It has an adjustment to fine tune its squareness with the belts. If it is not square, the board will get pushed away from the keypad as the board travels in one direction and then it will look like the board is moving away from it as the board moves back.

Thanks Dan, should have remembered that from Suzanne's issues! If you could find/link that post, I believe you had some pretty good instructions for checking the square that might help him

Sorry about my own brain bubbles!

Is there a method for checking square on this?

Thanks,

Here is a simple way to check the squaring plate for squareness. Put in a wide board with a nice keypad side edge. Push it up tight to the squaring plate and clamp down the head. Now manually move the truck and make marks in the board with the bit on each side. Take out the board and use a large square to see how perpendicular the marks are relative to the edge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast