Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stupid question number 5

Once I have a proect up on screen I like. I hit file, print. I then print them as a pdf file, saved to my pc, then move them to emails. Seems to work very well for me. I use Nitro pdf creator.

I always wonder why folks don't just use the Alt+PrntScrn feature present on all computers. That's what I have always used, and still use to this day, even though I have other "dedicated" screen capture programs - CorelCapture, SnipIt, some kind of screen capture from Adobe, and even more from other graphics programs. I don't use 'em. I just do the Alt+PrntScrn, paste the result into any bitmap program, crop, resize, whatever and save. Quick-n-easy, but I guess maybe the "dedicated" screen capture programs might appear to be easy too (albeit not necessary).
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I like the fact that I can add arrows and text to my snapshots.......reason why I'm using it!

Quote Originally Posted by zan29 View Post
    I like the fact that I can add arrows and text to my snapshots.......reason why I'm using it!
    Ok. I just add stuff like that in whatever bitmap editor I paste the screenshot into. I understand it might be easier to have some of those basic features readily available in a dedicated screenshot program, though.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Mike I use the "PrntScr" button on my keyboard too.... Although I don't usually remember to hit "Alt" to capture just the active screen though.
    I usually just paste it into MS Paint to crop off what I don't want, move it around, and use all the desired arrows, lines, and font. Don't know why anyone would go out of their way to get other software, when it's all standard to Windows...
    Designer 1.187 Build 10870
    Designer 3.106 Build 38
    Pattern Editor
    Centerline
    Conforming Vectors
    2D Vector Drawing Suite
    STL Importer
    3D Pattern Modeling Suite
    Rotary Jig

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Mike I use the "PrntScr" button on my keyboard too.... Although I don't usually remember to hit "Alt" to capture just the active screen though.
    I usually just paste it into MS Paint to crop off what I don't want, move it around, and use all the desired arrows, lines, and font. Don't know why anyone would go out of their way to get other software, when it's all standard to Windows...
    Right...this has puzzled me for years! It's always been there for all.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

I use alt-printscr or a simple image viewer/editor I like called "irfanview" - which has clipping capabilities of its own.

I use IrfanView all the time for cropping and resizing photographs for web publication. What I wish it had was a way to insert text...
    Designer 1.187 Build 10870
    Designer 3.106 Build 38
    Pattern Editor
    Centerline
    Conforming Vectors
    2D Vector Drawing Suite
    STL Importer
    3D Pattern Modeling Suite
    Rotary Jig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12