Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clear board sensor????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Clear board sensor????

Well, just got done with the carving, and when it came time to do the cutout, I keep getting an error that says clear board sensor. I tried brushing off the optical sensors, and no joy. I did notice that the little locating surface on the right side is not flipping out.

I tried blowing it out, and making sure it easily moves out and back in. It does not flip out anyway. Still same error.

Any ideas?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by djarboe View Post
    Well, just got done with the carving, and when it came time to do the cutout, I keep getting an error that says clear board sensor. I tried brushing off the optical sensors, and no joy. I did notice that the little locating surface on the right side is not flipping out.

I tried blowing it out, and making sure it easily moves out and back in. It does not flip out anyway. Still same error.

Any ideas?

Dave
    Spray the flip out with WD 40 that will help
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Sorry but I am confused. The board sensor should not even be used between the carving and the cutout. If the bit plate did not flip out, it should have asked to reload bit.

Anyway, the bit plate needs to flip out. Check the cut motor wires in the top right back corner of the cover. Sometimes the z motor hits the wires and the bit plate does not flip out. You should be able to get the bit plate to pop out by moving the carriage by hand (machine off).

How wide is your board?

Only 5 inches, plus the rails.

Maybe you could explain the situation in more detail. The board sensor stuff in the middle of a project makes no sense to me.

It happened to me before I installed a dust collector and while using poplar and the board sensor was actually
    stuffed with sawdust!

The power wires for the cut motor can block the Y truck fro going far enough to push the bit plate out. Check that the wires in the back corner over the cut motor are pushed into the corner all the way.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Strange but true, If you are having board sensor issues take a look at your FFC cable to see if there are any cracks or breaks in it. The FFC cable is the flat white ribbon cable that comes off the back of the Y truck, laces through the black vertical support bracket in the back of the machine and plugs into the circuit card on the back of the Y rail. Cracks/breaks are most common right at the vertical support bracket as that is where the cable flexes as the Y truck moves back an forth.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I thought you had a second machine to swap parts with.

$15. http://store.carvewright.com/product...cat=254&page=2

It could be the other end board as well.

http://store.carvewright.com/product...cat=254&page=1

Aokweld had to replace the head termination board awhile back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast