Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated

Angry Frustrated

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plaque2.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	926.9 KB 
ID:	77256Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plaque1.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	2.58 MB 
ID:	77257Ok I really hope someone can help me. First of all, my computer crashed last week, so I bought a new one. Got it all set up with the basic design program and then designed my plaque for my new grandbaby and went to carve it and it did what the the second picture shows. The first picture is about the 4th plaque Ive carved. I have changed computers, went from the new one to a desktop, then I've also, reformatted the card, even bought a new card, new bit, cleaned the machine unless Im missing something. Please tell me what could possibly be doing this? Im at my wits end. Ive went thru $$$ in wood. The first photo is one I just carved. I just thru a 1x10 in there and dont even know the length, and told it to fit the board. I knew it would have chipping and it did finish it at least bu if you look it it about where the 0 is in the 2015 there is a difference in the depth which will no matter how much I sand it. Any thoughts, help ot ideas would be greatly appreciated....Ive had nothing but problems all week... TIA

Snipe because you are not following 7" rule. 3.5" from end of board. Happens when board pops out from under roller. Put board in that is 7" longer than project and say NO to stay under rollers.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Second board lost contact with tracking roller.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I see two different problems. The first carve had a tracking problem probably caused by the brass tracking roller either slipping or rubbing on the front rubber belt. The second problem (which may also be the cause of the first problem) is that the board was not under the rollers for the duration of the carve. When the board comes out from under a roller, the board can lift up a little. This causes the bit to carve deeper. (It could also cause the brass roller to loose contact under the board and cause the tracking problem.)

Bottom line: you need to have 3.5 extra inches on each end of your board so it stays under the rollers while carving.

ok I will add the extra inches... also when it says to stay under rollers I always so NO so when it ask with the extra inches still say NO? Im gonna give itone last shot and hope this is it...

Also add some draft to your text to help with chip out, maybe even lower the height to they do not stand so proud.

Make sure your board does not have any twist or cupping and a nice straight edge with not chipping that tracks over the brass roller. Add a strip of masking tape on that bottom edge to help with tracking.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by wwill84751 View Post
    ok I will add the extra inches... also when it says to stay under rollers I always so NO so when it ask with the extra inches still say NO? Im gonna give itone last shot and hope this is it...
    With a board at least 7" longer than your design size say NO to staying under the rollers and center on board.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

you would put making tape on the bottom egde? Are you talking about the end or backside? I always plane my wood before it goes in the machine. Im in colorado but it seems like I am dealing with humidity in the shop! Im gonna go give it a shot. fingers and toes crossed! lol

Yes the bottom edge that tracks over the brass roller. This will help to give the brass roller a better bite for improved tracking.

Yes it has been very humid here in Colorado. We are not use to the 50% and greater stuff.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

10. Default

we used to be a dry state, but I swear the last few years its getting to feel like we are in the south somewhere. My husband is used o the humid air not me, Im a native and I want the dryness back in my banana belt area! At any rate thanks to all you guys for helping me, I have drove myself crazy all week! I jut put my board in the machine, with the 7" rule I didnt know about and masking tape. WE shall see in a couple of hours what I get....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast