Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Design this logo into 2 mpc's?

1. Default

I think the issue is with the second board. I hit "center on board", the board was wider and longer than needed and when you measure from the end of the board to where the project starts its 4" and then go to the other end of the board and measure in to where the project starts its 3.75". It should of been centered. So that would make the middle board too long.

That is the board with all the text on it. Did it do the test first or the arcs first? Text I bet.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    That is the board with all the text on it. Did it do the test first or the arcs first? Text I bet.
    I believe it carved the 2 vectors on the left, then the text and then the arc and line on the other end but I don't 100% recall now. Would you say that's the issue being it didn't center it on the board?

I have noticed that vibration screws up the board tracking roller. When this happens, the machine falls back on the x drive encoder. The result seems always to be a longer cut. Does that explain the off center? That is my theory.

Try this: delete the text and just carve the arcs. If they turn out right, put the board back in and carve the text.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Try this: delete the text and just carve the arcs. If they turn out right, put the board back in and carve the text.
    Great idea. Going to try it right now even though I'm half asleep, it is 1am but it's gonna bother me till I get it right. Thanks!

6. Default

That is the issue. I just carved the arcs without the text and they line up perfect with the top board. Now to try the text. Thanks for your help again. I really appreciate it.

Great. Go to sleep. You can carve the text tomorrow!

8. Default

Almost done. It was a bit more challenging than expected but overall its been a great learning experience. I ran into an issue again with the oval not lining up right so I just drew a new one over the top of the old one and reloaded the project and didn't have anymore carving issues from there.
    I used a new wood filler and it didn't take stain as well as I hoped but they don't look bad being the holes are all in the same place or I guess can do a darker stain to better conceal them but I'd be scared to mess anything up at this point. The sign is double sided and the over all size came out to 25.5" by 37.5". I really appreciate everyone who helped me on this one.
    One question though about finishing signs. It's going outdoors and I was going to use Helmsman spar urethane a few coats brushed on but in the past this clear coat had tendency to put a yellow tint on my nice bright white letters. Any recommendations?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Shoes.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	77601

Quote Originally Posted by Robkjv1611 View Post
    It was a bit more challenging than expected ...
    Isn't that always the case! It sure looks great.

You done a great job, I am still trying to learn this but I'm going to have my try tommorrow.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast