Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Design this logo into 2 mpc's?

I just copied what you posted. Maybe you can change the font or layout. Try changing it to outline and make it bigger?

2. Default New design

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shoe Sign.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	335.7 KB 
ID:	77369Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nssp-sign-mont-oval-REVISED3.pdf 
Views:	22 
Size:	250.2 KB 
ID:	77370
    Here is the latest design tweak being we couldn't get the text on the bottom line of the other design to be large enough. Trying to get it into vector format and in 2 halves (top & bottom .mpc) roughly 24x36 overall size or whatever it comes out to be. Thanks for your help on this one Dan

This is much harder! The main text has to be cut in half. Hmm...

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    This is much harder! The main text has to be cut in half. Hmm...
    Maybe just put it on in a smaller mpc and I'll scale it to 36" long and save the top half and then move the bottom of the pattern up to the board and save as the bottom?

I am not sure how that works. Vectors off of the board are not like patterns off the board. I have seen some air cutting off of the board before. The joint is also going to be harder to hide.

How about three boards? You could even go bigger then.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I am not sure how that works. Vectors off of the board are not like patterns off the board. I have seen some air cutting off of the board before. The joint is also going to be harder to hide.

How about three boards? You could even go bigger then.
    3 board would be fine but I cant go any larger than the 24" height (a permit was already approved for a sign not to exceed 24x36). It actually would be easier to do it like that instead of trying to line up centerline text.

Ok, see what you think of this. 9" X 36" top and bottom with a 6" X 36" in the middle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shoe store 2.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

8. Default

They look great. I'm going to go with that and start running them. I really appreciate your help on this. I'll post a picture of the final product when its done.

I just assigned the 90V bit at 0.1" depth to everything. You might want to make some other choices.

The first time I ran a project with vectors off the project board the machine did a bunch of weird air carving to the side, like it compressed everything off the board down to an inch or so. This may or may not be a problem. It did burn some machine time. I stopped doing it on my projects.

If I were doing this project, I would make sure there was no centerline text off the board. I would convert the ovals etc. into segments that would not extend off the project board. I would also make no cuts within an inch of the edge of the actual board and temporarily add strips of scrap to the actual board, to keep the rollers in contact. As posted, Designer is going to complain when you upload the projects.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast