Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Design this logo into 2 mpc's?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    You done a great job, I am still trying to learn this but I'm going to have my try tommorrow.
    Thanks. After nearly 3 years I finally did a multi section carve. While I wouldn't want to do these all the time, its good to know I am capable of doing it if necessary and I don't have to turn orders away that are larger than the CW width.
    I wish you the best on your carve tomorrow. After going through 4 boards that wouldn't line up right I was ready to give up and checked with another sign shop with a large cnc and they wanted $350 to do the carving part and I'd still have to do the finishing. So thankfully I decided to try again and got it done saving $350.

One question though about finishing signs. It's going outdoors and I was going to use Helmsman spar urethane a few coats brushed on but in the past this clear coat had tendency to put a yellow tint on my nice bright white letters. Any recommendations?
    Attachment 77601[/QUOTE]

Don't have an answer, hopefully somebody else will have something better than Helmsman. Used a sprayble exterior poly from Kwik Kleen that didn't add to much tint but they have gone out of business. Maybe just my application but have not have any luck with Helmsman in the durability area. Looks great when applied but within a year it starts to look crappy. Areas turn blackish , mainly any lighter areas of the wood. Have tried it on cedar and on sycamore.
    Rick H

your gloss is getting old. you need to get another can.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345