Thread: Centerfinder for Dan's jigs

Default Centerfinder for Dan's jigs

I have asked Dan where to find the centerfinder for the jigs I found these it has the bearing with it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails center finder for rotary & dowell.PNG  

That center in the bearing looks just like the tail center in the CW rotary jig. I rather, however, use bolts. I find I can drill bolt holes more accurately than trying to drill a recess with a 90V bit. The V bit always drifts in the end grain. The bolts fit snug and do not require end force to stay centered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1000852.JPG  

I guess that I was thinking more for the dowell maker where you would use a drill.... your thoughts ?

I made my dowel maker to be compatible with my rotary jig. I can just swap the dowel straight over. I was even thinking of using the same wheel so I would not even have to unscrew the dowel!

I did try the lathe center that came with the CW rotary jig both in my rotary jig and the dowel maker. I only had one of them and decided I liked the bolts better anyway.

Greetings, I haven't been here a while. I'm interested in this rotary jig and seeing what's involved.

Berg, are you telling me you didn't make those knobs?

These shafts are oval and actually snap into place when you glue and turn on them to set. Just add a threaded insert. Though, I've never tried the triangle one knob.mpc