Thread: Special thanks to the CarveWright crew!

Default Special thanks to the CarveWright crew!

I purchased the Rotary Jig recently, and last week Thursday I wanted to carve a lithophane of my grandkids on vacation at Mrytle Beach S.C.. For the life of me I could not get it to calibrate properly. Changed the tracking roller, thinking that if I call LHR, that's what there going to ask. Still nothing.
    So I call LHR and explain what's happening, and for the next three days, Thurs., Fri., and Mon., I tried everything imaginable to get the machine to calibrate. Finally, Monday after fixing all the user mistakes, I was able to carve on the rotary jig, and below is the pic and results of all that effort.
    So anyway, a Big Thanks to Israel, Joe, Connie, and Metallus.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Well done Gary!

that nice you done good
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

That is awesome!!! Great work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Koval View Post
    I purchased the Rotary Jig recently, and last week Thursday I wanted to carve a lithophane of my grandkids on vacation at Mrytle Beach S.C.. For the life of me I could not get it to calibrate properly. Changed the tracking roller, thinking that if I call LHR, that's what there going to ask. Still nothing.
    So I call LHR and explain what's happening, and for the next three days, Thurs., Fri., and Mon., I tried everything imaginable to get the machine to calibrate. Finally, Monday after fixing all the user mistakes, I was able to carve on the rotary jig, and below is the pic and results of all that effort.
    So anyway, a Big Thanks to Israel, Joe, Connie, and Metallus.
    Hi Gary,

What ended up being the problem? Joe and I Skyped about this briefly. I suggested taking the O-ring off the tracking roller to eliminate the possibility that it was coming in contact with the belts throwing off the cal.

I had also suggested taking look at your MPC itself to see if there was any discrepancy between the project layout diameter and what you were selecting for the (rounded-up) diameter at the machine.

I never heard back from Joe about this, so I'm curious what you did that finally corrected the problem.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Michael, it turned out being the tracking sensor, had two bad ones, just my luck!
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7