Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Military transport vehicle patterns

Wow you are like crazy good at that. Wish I could do that kind of stuff. Thanks, can't wait to see what you come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    dehrlich,

Your call. I am going to proceed and do the pattern anyway so you have an option. After about two hours last night I have this to show for it. I'll work on it some more tonight and I think I should have it done by this weekend. Unfortunately I am completely useless at making patterns from 2d pictures and this is the only way I can make even half decent patterns.

Oscar
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

Okay. Three more hours and the tractor model is done. I think two days for the trailer and another two days for the tank so this weekend should be fairly easy deadline. I did a test pattern and I like it. Not photo-realistic but good enough for pattern building.

For bragging rights I think CW will be the only site on the entire web that will have a M1070 and M811 patterns available.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails M911 HET.png   M911 HET test pattern 1.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Oscar you are doing wonderful designing these HET. I'm very amazed with the work you are able to do on this.
    Jeff

Jeff,

Thank you. Its been a fun build.

I started learning blender about a year and a half ago at the same time I got my CW. I didn't actually figure out I could use the two together till much later. Not the sharped tool in the chest.

But I amazed at what blender is capable of for it being a free program. The learning curve is a cliff but once you have some of the basics down it comes down to artistic vision again instead of mechanics.

Having said all that. I got into a rhythm last night and worked on the pattern for 8 hours straight. I ended up going to sleep at 3 am for a 6 am wake up alarm for work. I am running of fumes today but very pleased with the pattern. I did cheat a re-use the trailer from drew147. It would have taken me another day to recreate it.

dehrlich,

Let me know if you want it tweaked any.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW both HETs.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Oscar very nice. Thanks for sharing your work.
    Jeff

dehrlich,

I should mention I typically don't put anywhere near this much effort for the patterns I typically share but its for a wounded vet. I hope the patterns come out and that they enjoy them.

Regards,
    Oscar

That is amazing and I am very grateful for your effort. I will also make sure he knows that you helped me with this. It makes me feel great that there is so much support for veterans on this forum, and that there are so many of us here as well. Thanks again, I will post a pic of the finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    dehrlich,

I should mention I typically don't put anywhere near this much effort for the patterns I typically share but its for a wounded vet. I hope the patterns come out and that they enjoy them.

Regards,
    Oscar
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Visit www.kansaswood.com

Oscar great work a lot of us on here have benefited from you generosity in making patterns.

Here is my first attempt at designing this plaque. Are there any suggestions to get more definition out of the trucks? I can go deeper if needed. Thanks for any help.

HET plaque.mpc
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Visit www.kansaswood.com

I think you have maximized the patterns to their potential. Very nice by the way. To get more detail I would have to add it to the 3d model. Enclosed is a picture of the model for comparison. I think you hit a home run but I am curious if some of the grey beards (figuratively) can impart some of their wisdom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW M911 with M60 tank.png  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast