Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CW not reading card

It's a good few hours, but doable with advance planning.

You should call LHR tomorrow. They may, from past experience, know whether it is the card or the controller.

I have three of the cards I could let you borrow one.

Quote Originally Posted by 2A Finishing View Post
    It's a good few hours, but doable with advance planning.

I am home most of the time I am retired and could meet you anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I am home most of the time I am retired and could meet you anytime.
    Thanks - I've been trying to get money together to come out there for a family thing, but things seem to be conspiring against me the past few days.
    I'll talk to my wife and figure out something. The sooner I get this machine running consistently, the sooner money won't be an issue. Do you ever make it out this way?
    I'm not retired exactly - I own my own wood finishing business - seems like there's always more work to be done, and more stuff breaking lol

6. Default

FYI Homedepot.com has the card and bits for $40 free shipping! I just bought a new card and bit because I thought my card was messing up. Shipped in 3 days...

When did home depot start carrying carvewright stuff?
    -Jason

9. Default

You cant buy it at your local store, online only Im sure. The only reason I know is because when I bought the machine it didnt come with anything, so I had to search the net high and low for everything I could find. Amazon also has a few things as well.

Well, it's back to this again.

Now I can solidly rule out PC/USB issues (had a computer built specifically for the purpose of running this machine, to the cost of about 30 hours of work) - completed a few very small carves with no issues at all uploading from the new PC, but now tonight the first carve I'm working on that someone is actually paying for (rather than just a small test carve) I'm getting repetitive flash card errors (both (2) and (6) randomly at various points during the carve. The furthest it's managed to cut without stopping has been about 37% or so.

So now that I'm well out of my warranty hours because of all these errors, everything is now an out of pocket expense. Not very happy with this. (and no, I haven't called LHS yet - I've been working all night long on this project and they're not open at 5am EST) Edit to add - I can't help but feel cheated here here. I take this step by step, slowly, following all instructions, tutorials and advice I find here on this forum, but all I've done aside from a handful of small projects has been make a lot of sawdust, blow through my warranty, burn up $120 in bits, and ruin at least that much just in "practice" wood (plywood, mdf, etc). There's got to be something I'm missing. Maybe I'm stupider than I thought, or maybe all the bad reviews I tossed off as probable user error really weren't. Very unhappy today.

Just an update, so you folks will understand my frustration a little better ... I'm now entering hour 10 of a carve that should have taken approximately an hour and 15 minutes. Maybe there's something wrong with my file??

EMT.mpc

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast