Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CW not reading card

Quote Originally Posted by 2A Finishing View Post
    Another question - Why when I open my memory card in the designer 3 pro software, does it show me two copies of projects I upload?
    I have never seen that. Can you post a screen shot? I wonder if this is not a symptom of a bad card.

Yeah I'll get a screen shot as soon as the carve I am trying (again) either completes or dies.

I have two cards. One always shows two copies of each project and the other only shows one. I could never figure that one out. I assume it has something to do with the low level format. So, I do not think it is a sign of a bad card.

well, it's at 20% and still going for now. I'll be back in awhile to update.

Ok, it finished carving that time (unfortunately the changes I made to the draft and feather only applied to about the last third of the design), though I'm not sure why it finished successfully as I didn't do anything different beyond changing the design as was suggested. I flipped the board and I'm running the carve again in hopes that it carves out properly in full - I'll update again after I take a nap. I think I'm somewhere between 34 and 36 hours on, and I need a couple off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2A Finishing View Post
    Ok, it finished carving that time (unfortunately the changes I made to the draft and feather only applied to about the last third of the design)
    How does that happen?!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

If you only uploaded one, but it shows 2 copies of a project, its a messed-up memory card.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallus View Post
    If you only uploaded one, but it shows 2 copies of a project, its a messed-up memory card.

Gee, the card I got with my machine always showed two copies. It has otherwise worked well over the years. I remember others reporting the same thing.

Maybe I got a "refurb" card that someone sent back because it didn't work. At any rate the last try I made (flipped the board and recut on the backside) came out great except that I'm gonna have to hand carve out all that "draft" on much of the design. I wonder if I used a 1/16th cutting bit to carve if it would work better on the small or no draft carves?

That brings up another issue I've had - I can't get that bit to register properly - everytime I stick it in the collet (flush with the end like I've read in the online manual), it gives me bit errors, but I guess I'll have to start another thread to discuss that one.

Oh, here's the updated .MPC if anyone is interested -
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast