Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CW not reading card

Default CW not reading card

I had this pop up once last project. I reseated the card and a little wiggle and the CW eventually read the card. Today nothing is working. There was a little bit of dust but nothing horrible. Blew it out with air and still nothing. Any suggestions before I go tearing into the machine.

Always try the reformat first.

Look for a bent pin in the machine? (If it all works well in the card reader with the computer, it must be the machine, right?)

Dan,

Thanks. That is my thought (machine).

At least from what I can see from the outside the pins look fine and straight. I could not see any bent pins but I'll open it up later and get a closer look. My fear is an internal broken pin.

I wonder if the same pins are used to read as write. You need another card to troubleshoot with.

Okay, I am pleasantly surprised. I re-flashed the firmware and the card has magically started working again. That is very unusual behavior. Its been a while since I worked with this stuff and re-flashing the firmware may not have been the issue/solution but its working so far so not complaining.

I was having the same issue with a card I got as a gift my PC can see it just fine but when I inserted into the CW it will not start up…… Sent the card to carvewright for testing as re-flashing the card did not help…… Still interested in more on the subject if anyone has anything!

I have been having nothing but frustration stemming from the flash card. New machine, just bought it two weeks ago, and have done 3 - 4 carves that completed from start to finish, out of probably 30-40 attempts. The great majority of attempts has resulted in various "flash card unreadable" errors. What gives?

Reformatting and reflashing the firmware seems to help sometimes, but only rarely.

*Edit to add: So for the 12th time today I'm heading back into the house to flash my card in hopes that my project will finish past 10% without returning a flash card error. Is there anything that can be done to mitigate this issue? Is this common for this machine? I assumed most of the complaint reviews were simple user error, but I've followed all the operation instructions, preventative maintenance tips, and everything with no luck.

Is the card not being read in the software at your computer or at the machine?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Is the card not being read in the software at your computer or at the machine?
    The PC reads the card fine. The machine usually reads the card up until some random point after starting the steps to carve a project. After it fails, the PC still reads the card just fine.

I pulled the plugs of everything else on the circuit except the dust collector, and I'm going to run it with the lights out to see if maybe it's a power fluctuation issue. (Nope, no luck there)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast