Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: X Drive Stalls

Inspect the X Gearbox... Pictures from 2007.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC05691_WEB.jpg   DSC05693_WEB.jpg   DSC05678_WEB.jpg   DSC05692_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Did you get the stall error during the X drive test? Did you hear/notice any strange sounds
    or movements during the test?
    I did not get a X drive error during the test, no odd sounds at all.
    Most folks are afraid of heights, me I fear width.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Maybe the original problem was not the controller but the power supply.

Other things: Head level? Rollers above roll smoothly? Squaring plate square? Wood chip in the belt system?
    The head is level, rollers move smoothly and easily. The plate is square and no obstructions in the belt system.

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hi Robert,

Did the CW Tech have you inspect the X-gears under the cover? I wonder if you have a damaged gear. Won't hurt to check just to make sure no teeth are missing, etc.

I did check the x drive gears and they are in good condition, no missing teeth and everything meshes up fine

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    How are you getting power to the machine? On it's own circuit? Extension cord? Power strip?
    Lynn, the machine is on its own dedicated 20 amp circuit straight to the outlet, no extension cord or power strip is used. I plugged my other machine in on this line and had no issues.

I went ahead and took the machine apart again today and just went through it. I made sure the head guide posts were aligned properly. cleaned and lubed everything again and checked the head pressure with a new digital calibrated shipping scale to make sure it was in range, I got a reading of 76lbs.

I also took the belt conveyers out and cleaned them and they are moving freely.

The one thing that puzzles me is why I would get a X drive error in the load bit portion when I was starting a project, that seemed very odd to me being that there was no movement of the x drive during this phase of loading the project.

That is a puzzle, Robert. I was just "sure" you had a mechanical issue with the x-drive, but after you have itemized everything you checked, I am beginning to think it may be electronic after all. Unusual...most issues folks encounter (besides pilot error) are mechanical in nature and easily remedied.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Funny thing, I am putting the machine back together and did the x drive test and am now getting errors in the test mode.. I need to pull the x drive motor and give a it a bench test....

UPDATE! Pulled the X drive motor today and plugged it into my other machine, did the x drive test and got the error. Bad motor obviously right? Nope........decided to pull it apart and guess what I found, the wire harness connector behind the back plate on the inside of the housing was loose. Snapped it back in all the way and put a dab of adhesive on it, retested it and it works......... something to surely check out completely for anyone in the future goes and buys a new motor!

Glade you got it and its nice to know what can go wrong thx for the info
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast