Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Licensing keyhole tool

1. Default Licensing keyhole tool

While following Steve Nelson's excellent video tutorial on personalizing his new pierced heart pattern, I received a message that the keyhole tool was only available to me in demo form and I could not save project utilizing that tool. What do I need to do in order to secure permission to use the keyhole tool? I don't yet have a keyhole bit, but I assume that won't be a difficult purchase.

Than you!

You need to purchase the add on feature and then activate it with the license code.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

It is a $50 add on and comes with the bit. Order it here on the web site or call CarveWrignt. Or if you have the bit, delete that part of the project and do it the old way on your router table.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Quote Originally Posted by t-townwilson View Post
    While following Steve Nelson's excellent video tutorial on personalizing his new pierced heart pattern, I received a message that the keyhole tool was only available to me in demo form and I could not save project utilizing that tool. What do I need to do in order to secure permission to use the keyhole tool? I don't yet have a keyhole bit, but I assume that won't be a difficult purchase.

Than you!
    As Floyd said, it is a add-on that you have to purchase separately. Sorry, I should have mentioned it in the video. Too bad that you can't just buy the add-on without the bit for a reduced price. However, I use it frequently and it saves a lot of setup time.
    Steve

5. Default

Thanks. Just ordered it. I had searched, but had looked under bits, not software add ons Silly me

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    ...Too bad that you can't just buy the add-on without the bit for a reduced price. However, I use it frequently and it saves a lot of setup time.
    Including the bit is very intentional. The idea was to completely avoid the issue of a user purchasing an incorrect size bit (and having a bad day). And, we all know that certainly would have happened!

Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Including the bit is very intentional. The idea was to completely avoid the issue of a user purchasing an incorrect size bit (and having a bad day). And, we all know that certainly would have happened!

Most keyhole bits are the same size but, a short note with the license would have been sufficient. This would have kept the cost down. Especially shipping! Unless, of course, the intention was to make money selling the bit also.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 07-13-2015 at 02:32 PM.
    Steve

The Keyhole Function is $39.99 regular price and it INCLUDES the correct bit. You can also buy just the bit on our store for $24.99. (So, technically, the software is $15, if you want to look at it that way, but NO we will not sell the software without the bit.)
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I bought the keyhole software add on and bit when it first came out and don't regret it at all. I use it all the time and have never had an issue with the software or the bit. It was well worth the investment to me. I like being able to exactly locate it in a design and bit have to worry about trying to get it located properly on my router table. It especially worked well on Steve's Pierced Heart pattern....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    The Keyhole Function is $39.99 regular price and it INCLUDES the correct bit. You can also buy just the bit on our store for $24.99. (So, technically, the software is $15, if you want to look at it that way, but NO we will not sell the software without the bit.)
    That's unfortunate. I'd probably buy it for that price... as it is, I'll just approximate it with the line tools and use my own bit. And for those folks that "have a bad day", I bet they only do it once...
    Designer 1.187 Build 10870
    Designer 3.106 Build 38
    Pattern Editor
    Centerline
    Conforming Vectors
    2D Vector Drawing Suite
    STL Importer
    3D Pattern Modeling Suite
    Rotary Jig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast