Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to find instructions- Where?

Thanks for the help folks.

I realize what was throwing me. And I think I've mentioned this before.
    When you go to the support pages, what looks like one video, is actually a linkie to another page of linkies...

If CW would get rid of the mystery navigation, and replace it with commonly understood navigation aids, it would help me a great deal.
    Designer 1.187 Build 10870
    Designer 3.106 Build 38
    Pattern Editor
    Centerline
    Conforming Vectors
    2D Vector Drawing Suite
    STL Importer
    3D Pattern Modeling Suite
    Rotary Jig

Here's what I'm talking about when I say "mystery navigation":
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MysteryNavigation.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	76863
    Here's the link to the page:
    http://support.carvewright.com/

If those links had looked less like a single video, and more like a radio button, I would not have spent 30 minutes clicking past them....
    Designer 3.106 Build 38
    Pattern Editor
    Centerline
    Conforming Vectors
    2D Vector Drawing Suite
    STL Importer
    Rotary Jig

So here's the other critique* I would offer about finding published tutorials, videos, or other help files (besides the forum users).

It's all over the place.

It's not in one concentrated place where you KNOW where to find it. It's scattered everywhere.

The tips and tricks are in one place, the tutorials for the add-ons are in another, and in the software products page, there's some more...
    Why not put them all in one place where they can easily be found?

(*Not that they are not well done. When you finally find them, they a​re very helpful. Michael Tyler does a good job on these. It's not his fault that the web page builder scattered them to the four winds....)
    Designer 3.106 Build 38
    Pattern Editor
    Centerline
    Conforming Vectors
    2D Vector Drawing Suite
    STL Importer
    Rotary Jig

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    I'm trying to find the old archived "Tips and Tricks" but any links I find either lead to a dead end, or to a private message screen..
    What gives?
    And why make it so hard to find?
    Go to SUPPORT > BROWSE TOPICS > type "Tips & Tricks"

Looking for Pattern Modeling Video?

Go to SUPPORT > BROWSE TOPICS > type "pattern modeling video"

Looking to activate software?

Go to SUPPORT > BROWSE TOPICS > type "activate software"

I'm not a fan of this way, either, and I have made that clear to the powers that be.

My thought is, without a list, people don't know what is there, so then they don't know to look for it...
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 01-11-2016 at 05:40 PM.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

5. Default

I also spent at least an hour trying to find things like how to transfer the registration on a used machine. I gave up looking for the tips and tricks months ago until these posts showed me where to find them. Has to be the worst website design I have ever used.

Thanks for letting CW know about it Connie. I'm not a fan of this new website at all! I think nobody is.

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Rather than [everyone in this thread] griping in general, be more specific as we don't have a team of people looking at the web-flow statistics.

For example:
    1) Move tips and tricks to the front page
    2) Why have a bits section on the front page when there is only one article in it?
    3) Why is "machine packing instructions" in the "downloadable forms" section but not in the "purchasing and shipping" section on the front page?

and face it, Connie, if you had your way, every article would be capitalized and bold faced on the front page.

I don't normally complain much on this forum as I am generally very pleased with what this machine can do, but I must say the software manual leaves a little to be desired. As an example I just tried to find info on using the Trim Tool. I went to Support then Software and typed in "Trim Tool". Up popped Software FAQ and "Add On's". Since I did not know what add on contains Trim Tool I have to click on each add on ( OK some are obvious that it will not be in) until I find it is in 2D Vector Drawing Suite. I find it listed there but still does not have any info on it. Seems like going to Support - Software - and then typing in Trim Tool should send me to a page where I can figure out how to use it.

Probably like most folks did is work with it until you figure out which is what I did. I must admit that I had some knowledge with those types of software that really helped me.
    I think this forum is the best as far as knowledge and support and you'll always get an answer without having to dig for it.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Metallus View Post
    Rather than [everyone in this thread] griping in general, be more specific as we don't have a team of people looking at the web-flow statistics.

For example:
    1) Move tips and tricks to the front page
    2) Why have a bits section on the front page when there is only one article in it?
    3) Why is "machine packing instructions" in the "downloadable forms" section but not in the "purchasing and shipping" section on the front page?

and face it, Connie, if you had your way, every article would be capitalized and bold faced on the front page.
    Need to find easy directions or maybe even a online form to fill out to change registration of machine.

All tips and tricks, manuals, tutorials, and other educational material should be in one area, maybe an educational section?

Faqs are hard to find and nowhere on them does it mention changing machine registration

If you do go to software activation section no where does it mention activating basic software when you buy a used machine or transfering ownership to someone else.

After logging in to customer account there is no (or I could not find it) easy way to get back to the home page of the regular website. Normally clicking on the company logo should do that but it did not.

I am totally new and until I found the forum I was lost and even the forum does not have the easiest way to find things especially things discussed in the past and since the web page must have been changed many links in the forum posts are no longer any good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast