Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For D&D nerds - Crossed Axes

Good for you Ed!

my first computer was also a commodore vic20. with the cassette player for saving programs....not even a disc drive....lol still got it in a box somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    Oscar, you have gotten great in making patterns, keep up the good work.

For anyone that may want to know, my web site is back up and running again, had to tweak some modules, one being paypal because of SSL issues.
    Ed, thank you. If I hadn't said it before your wood artistry is wonderful. I truly appreciate the bowls you make. I have the tools but never had the patience to wait for the lumber to dry after the first rough turning. Which is a little weird because I love to turn. I just finished the wife several yarn drop spindles which are making great decorations. She asked me to make them and I haven't seen her use one yet.

Everyone. Thank you for the helping walk down the memory lane. It is amazing how technology has progressed in such a short time.

Talking of computers my first was one I built in mid 70's( called a calculator now days and was hex), but first I used was an IBM 360, spent many hours at the key punch programming, and entering data for the programs I wrote.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

I'm curious Ed, what type of programs did you write?

Talking of computers my first was one I built in mid 70's( called a calculator now days and was hex), but first I used was an IBM 360, spent many hours at the key punch programming, and entering data for the programs I wrote.

My first few years in the military, I remember using old key punch cards for scrap paper, since we had so much laying around, and the technology was being phased out. I wanted a C-64 as a kid, but no luck, so we hung out at a friends house that had one. Tape drive and all. Now I get all nostalgic when I see a 70's movie, with the huge reel to reel tape drives lining the wall for the computers back then.

Any way, the pattern you made is pretty cool, and also brings back memories, as we played D&D as well! Thanks all for the stroll down memory lane!

zan I wrote process control algorithm, most back then was in fortran 77, I managed and built a pilot plant that made Maleic Anhydride, automating it in the early 80's, before it was sold in 1990, and I left the company to start my own business.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Default better looking fantasy axe

A little better axe for dungeon and dragon rooms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW fantasy axe.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wow I'm impressed Ed!
    zan I wrote process control algorithm, most back then was in fortran 77, I managed and built a pilot plant that made Maleic Anhydride, automating it in the early 80's, before it was sold in 1990, and I left the company to start my own business.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12