Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for this sign Ptn

aokweld,

too funny. I am about a quarter of the way up the cliff. If I can make it half way I'll be satisfied (as long as I don't fall off the cliff).

The free part keeps making me go back and making me learn how to do what I want it to do. I have literally taken days to make a single model though practice and learning different methods is making me a lot faster now at building models. This fence took about 15 minutes to build.

Start with a cube. Size it smaller in the y axis. Lengthen the x axis. Lower the z axis. Subdivide 6 times. Set wood texture to sinusoidal pattern with hard band noise. Apply texture to cube material. Apply displace modifier on strength of texture color differential. Play with strength settings until happy. Play with mesh until happy.

Have a slightly aged board. A badly aged board. And finally a wood kindling board.

Yup its a cliff. Its my cheapness that keeps me clawing my way up. I have too many other hobbies I have to pay for.

Suzanne, thanks. The new pattern is in the pattern sharing pictorial section.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW boards.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123