Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: big carve

I have the cabinet dividers and cabinet built, waiting to see if my measurements add up on the drawers, It will be a little bit yet as it is hot here in Florida I manage about 4 hrs. a day in the shop.

Here in Houston it's the same. Get up early, work about 4 hours, then beat the heat and humidity.

I finished my drawings for the apothecary cabinet I haven't carved it yet but the measurements add up.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am showing what I have started, I understand now why I could not get an answer on weather I had my drawings right that was a lot of work, but here is what I started, I had made the cabinet to hold the TV set and just used that and started to make the apothecary cabinet so I had a little head start on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0459 (800x600).jpg  

I was waiting on LHR to send me a board sensor but I have no mail comming today since it is a day off for everybody, so I took one off to another machine, my machine is running now and see how I did on my drawings. I had some time think on this and I'm going to have two make two drawings for each board so I won't have a .25 gap in my drawers.

I had to rework the pattern but I thought that it left a .25 to stay under the rollers the one I started on was the center board but it is cutting the pattern the whole width of the board not leaving anything to stay under rollers is there something that I missed ?

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I had to rework the pattern but I thought that it left a .25 to stay under the rollers the one I started on was the center board but it is cutting the pattern the whole width of the board not leaving anything to stay under rollers is there something that I missed ?
    Its nice you do this but a lot of others can't open it you have the new version
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

I deleted my last post I had to trim the edges on my main pattern, but I think I have it in 2.07

I'm a little disappointed that I've not had much feed back on this post, I have pretty much talked my way through it. I started carving it last night and it was carving the whole width of the board so this morning I rewrote the program and it still was carving the width of the board so I came in and added a .25-- 0. carve region on the edges of the board and it is caving now it seems that it is working it has a 14 hr. 30 min. carve I'll let everyone know how it comes out.. In this process I figured that I have to make the same board twice and offset the cutouts on the board .062 so that I can have .125 gap instead of a .25 gap.

Holy cow. !4 hour carve! I think I am pushing it with 3 hours carves. Impressive and brave. Can't wait to see the results.

Regards,
    Oscar

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast