Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: big carve

I have the drawer fronts drawn out going to start first thing in the morning carving this one is going to take 10.5 hrs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have been working on this.. I was laying down thinking ....HARD.... and this is what I came up with.. as I said before the easiest... IS the hardest. I think that Eddie Lamb had the pattern and used it. Thank you.
    Last edited by aokweld101; 08-19-2015 at 05:41 PM.

As I said before, that I have been working on this carve, its been about 6 weeks off and on more on than off. And after 6 boards at six feet long 14.5 hours each I sat this morning and made my pattern for the center board and figured out what I have to to for the other two boards to work I'll set my first board then the top one is the same except a few modifications and the bottom will be a 1" x 12" determination was the ticket....I have to think of what Dan has said in the past to me "JUST PLAY WITH IT" Dan you are a true inspiration to a lot of people on the forum and I thank you for for being a thorn in my side and a sand spur in my butt.... THANKS !!!
    Last edited by aokweld101; 08-26-2015 at 06:26 AM.

AOK you are welcome if it was one of my patterns. I can not view the MPC, so please show pictures when you are done.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

I hope I gave credit to the right person I'm almost positive it was you Eddie...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails running horses snip.PNG  

That came from nicpic website, all I did was clean up stair steps since it started out as a JPG, remove the words and put a border around it.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Well it's a great carve I have made a jewelry box, condiment caddy and a apothecary cabinet made from it

Dan, I started the carve again this morning I set the depth at .5 and heigth 999, I had to tighten the rollors up on the z-truck it was making noise that wasn't supposed to. The callibration was done at the end of the board so I didn't need tape.

Are you carving these on optimal?

Yes, I did the first one on optimal it just took too long to carve, so the one I am doing now I am doing at best and set the bit on it's optimal setting.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast