Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: big carve

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    That came from nicpic website, all I did was clean up stair steps since it started out as a JPG, remove the words and put a border around it.
    Anyone have a good link to the NICPIC website? I think they changed the stucture and hard to navigate to greyscales. Or did they make it go away?

Dave
    The Magic of making Sawdust.

I am having a little trouble with my pattern I want to keep the drawers to where the outside cutout is the size I want and I want the pattern so it matches the same as the cutout inline with the drawers. if someone could help I would thank you. the pattern is what I think it should be I have a .00 carve region on the left side.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am on the road with no Designer so I cannot even look. You may need to more clearly explain the problem. Is it the radius in the corners or the size?

I'm trying to keep the pattern at 44.25 the drawers add up to 44.25 with the cutout to the inside I want the pattern at 44.25 allowing for a 3/4 board to the outside if I put a 1/8 .. .00 carve region where the cutout is would be will it still do the cutout?
    Last edited by aokweld101; 08-30-2015 at 10:01 AM.

I still do not understand but a cutout will certainly cut through a 0.00 carve region.

Aok, Are you trying to have the pattern seamlessly cross the drawers and cabinet, accounting for the loss of the cut path?

I had a offset to where between the two pattern weren't lining up I put a .00 carve region on the three sides of the board for where the 1/8 cutout are going to be I hope it works !!

I had to start my project over again the right side where I put the .00 carve region for the cutout didn't mirror I pressed it but didn't take.

Going to throw this out there knowing my brain just doesn't work like most peoples

If I were to have drawer fronts that I wanted to have a pattern span:
    I would cut out the cabinet openings
    I would cut out the drawer fronts on a separate piece of wood with similar grain and the correct thickness
    On a sled, I would insert the drawer fronts in the cabinet openings, shimming them up to match the surface of the cabinet and carve it as one project.

Again, just my weird brain!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast