Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Pattern Editor

1. Default Help with Pattern Editor

When I save pattern to pattern editor, then I go back in I am trying to clean up around my pattern. I can get the dancing ants but I cannot get the eraser, fill, dropper tool to work? Am I doing something wrong? Is there anyone who can explain what I am missing? I appreciate your help. Thanks
    Loriblackdog
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lori when I open it its in PTN not pattern editor the anchor look good there just have to save it to your favorite
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

By "danicng ants" I assume you mean you have used a selection tool. The rectangle or magic wand. When you use those tools, the other tools only work inside the selected areas. Click off of the pattern to unselect and then the tools work anywhere. Is that it?

4. Default

I have tried that, I also got out of the designer and went back in under open, and none of the tools will work except for the magic wand? Could there be a problem with the software? I really appreciate any advise of what I am missing or doing wrong. Thank You
    Loriblackdog

If you open PE with a pattern and click on the eraser and it does not work, I am stumped. Are you saving the pattern as a .mpw? If so, change the extension to .ptn and upload to the forum. I can look at it in PE.

Lori,

Try adjusting the tool height. A setting of "0" will erase to the bottom of the board or background and a setting that is equal to or greater than (=>) the depth of the pattern will do nothing. Essentially, the pattern editor is a height map editor and by setting the height of the tool (in this case the eraser) you are shaving off the top of the pattern down to the setting of the tool.

EDIT: When you are in the pattern editor the X, Y, Z coordinates of the mouse are in the lower left corner as in the Designer. "Z" is the height so when you pass the mouse over any region of the pattern the height is given at that location of the mouse. This may help you in setting the tool height.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 06-18-2015 at 10:43 AM.
    Steve

7. Default

Hi Steve, I am new at this so, please bare with me. The numbers in the bottom corner are as follows:-4.250in x -2.375in x 0.000 the tool height is at 0.000, depth is 0.250. I am not sure what I need to do or what do I change, I tried the eraser again nothing happens? I really appreciate your help

8. Default

Hi,
    I did upload my saved pic on the first post. If you can't get it let me know and I can upload again. I appreciate your help

Quote Originally Posted by Loriblackdog View Post
    Hi,
    I did upload my saved pic on the first post. If you can't get it let me know and I can upload again. I appreciate your help
    The problem is that no one else can open your pattern in the PE. For everyone else, it only can be imported into favorites. If, however, you save it as artwork (.mpw) then others can open it in the PE. The problem with that is that the .mpw file type cannot be uploaded to the forum! I was saying that if you save it as .mpw and then change the file extension to .ptn, you can upload it and we can open it in the PE. That may be too much trouble for you to do.

I see that your pattern is flat. Try another pattern which is not flat just to see if it works.

Edit: or try and invert it
    Last edited by bergerud; 06-18-2015 at 01:20 PM.

How about a screen capture of your PE screen? Could you post that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast