Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scanning Probe

Exclamation Scanning Probe

On Ebay,
    It says "new" Scanning Probe looks like it has a minimum of $200.00
    and has no bids so far but has 6 days to go.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/COMPUCARVE-SCANN...QQcmdZViewItem
    Computers-Yuk....I should junk it...It never does what it should do...only what I tell it.

It's up to $237.50 now. I asked him why he was selling. Answer is there on ebay. He seems legit, but if anyone wants to bid remember that new from CW is $299.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

The reason I posted it was if some one would like to bid
    on it perhaps could get a good deal.

Myself when I am ready I will buy a new one from CW.
    Computers-Yuk....I should junk it...It never does what it should do...only what I tell it.

I looked at the sellers name and it reminded me of a guy who posted a month or so back saying he was scanning and thinking of using his CC for gun grips?

Could be the same guy and things didn't work out for him as he'd hoped.

J

And Pkunk your right new from CW is 299.00 when they have them in- I just put my order in last week and was told it could be several weeks before they get their next order in and there is no guarantee they will have enough to cover all the orders. EEP! I'll wait and get new but even I was tempted on this one. (that whole fast food I want it now generation) thing I guess.
    Last edited by Julie Coffey; 03-10-2007 at 11:13 PM.
    "Today I am becoming who I once dreamed to be."

Red face

Hi Julie
    I totally agree with (that whole fast food I want it now generation) I think it’s been called (the need for instant gratification). I know I’m guilty of it, and probably many of us are. Very little or, no patients waiting for anything. It kind of goes hand in hand with impulse buying. - I’ve been waiting for the bits I ordered from CW, I read a post earlier that a local woodcrafter store (one of my favorite toy stores) had a 20% sale on bits, so yesterday I went to pickup a 60 degree V grove bit. I really didn’t notices till I got to my car, the two bags of – stuff - in my hand plus one bit. (I did it again)
    Last edited by Kenm810; 05-01-2007 at 08:12 PM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Bill, you seem to know what you are talking about! So I am directing this question to you. This may sound dumb but how does the scanning probe work?
    Do you know of a video that may show how it fuction? Matter of fact do you know of a video about the CC? Or is the manual the only source of information?

I am on my 3rd machine and so far it is performing well! So with the first 2 I have not had a chance to figure out all it can do. I have a sign shop and I have hand routed my signs. I am using the CC now so I can program it and go inside and play on the computer!

I have been trying different bits I purchased fro Price Cutters and I don't know if it is the reclaimed old growth redwood I use or the bits? But in some of the signs I am getting a lot of wood chips in the letters. I have tried 60,90 and my favorite 22 degree bits. The problem is I can't select a 22 degree bit so I select 1/8 carving bit. Do you know if the bit you use or select controls the speed of the on board motor?

Maybe it is how I design the project? Well I am off the original subject! If you know of any video or anyone else please let me know. Otherwise back to the manual!!

Hello RC,

I really do not do a lot of signs so I would not be the best person
    to advise you on the 60,90 or 22 bits and the letters chipping out.
    I myself would ask pkunk or Jon Jantz I believe the do a lot of
    lettering using different types of bits and would be the best people
    to help you.

Do you know of a video that may show how it function? Matter of fact do you know of a video about the CC?
    The only video that I am aware of is the one on CW home page,
    you can also download there video here.
    http://www.carvewright.com/video.html

Thanks Bill, I will continue to try each bit. I have been making signs for 27 years now and carving the signs by hand I have no problems with the bits.

Again thanks I will continue to test each bit and try different designs

Default Curious

The bidding is over and it shows no bids- must have ended it early outside of ebay. ::grumbles::
    "Today I am becoming who I once dreamed to be."

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    The only video that I am aware of is the one on CW home page,
    you can also download there video here.
    http://www.carvewright.com/video.html
    Did you ever watch the video and really pay attention to it? When the operator shows the finished carve of the Angel design at the end, notice it has the 'dimples' in it on the left side. <grin> The ptn was bad even then. Not bad mouthing it, just think it was cute to notice.
    BoardSilly
    "Destroying Cuba 1 Cigar At A Time"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast