Thread: Is there a way

1. Default Is there a way

Hi all, is there a way to take the Eagle Globe Anchor in the Marine Corps emblem and turn it into a v carve. I'm working on a cigar box for my old Platoon Sgt from VietNam and I think a nice v carving on top would be more professional looking than a raster cut for this fine piece of work . Any ideas on how this is done simply, like push a button and Bam, v carving .

2. Default

http://www.readytocut.com/community/...s/marines.329/

If you have DXF importer or some other method of creating a DXF.

3. Default

What exactly does the dxf do is it strictly for v carve stuff. If there is an advantage to having it I will buy it, probably a 199 thing.

Quote Originally Posted by edsingletary View Post
    What exactly does the dxf do is it strictly for v carve stuff. If there is an advantage to having it I will buy it, probably a 199 thing.
    DXF files are 2d cut outs or vectors. There are many resources with these files. They are used by plasma, lasers, vinyl cutters etc.....
    you can select a v bit an carve them as well. I have imported many 3d puzzles with dxf importer and cut them out.
    I think you are right about the price.....I would wait till after the conference, they usually have a sale, it could save you a little
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

You can do things like this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EGA.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bergerud; 06-09-2015 at 09:06 PM.