Thread: Need help with lithophane box

Default Need help with lithophane box

I purchased my CW just to make lithophanes. I'm having good success with them but I can't make a box tor them to save my life.

Does anyone have a project program to make them. If you do I would be happy to purchase it from you.

Thanks,
    Terry

I know this is not what you are asking for but I use shadow boxes that i get from Michael's. They go on sale for 40 or 50% off fairly often so they only cost $5 or $6 dollars.

The last lithos I completed, I used Michael's shadow boxes as well and they worked great. Couldn't build one for the cost of them from the craft store....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Sound like a good project idea. pictures, sketches et.c and some dimensions and I will see what I can come up with.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

For those of you that want an easy lithophane box, check this out. It was made using sketchup in about 15 minutes. It took less than an hour to cut on the table saw only because we wanted box dovetail along the back of the box. You could easily use a miter joint if you wish. I will follow up with pictures of the actual box probably on Wednesday when it is totally finished. I used a 1/4 piece of corian that measured 7"wide x 9" high which slid right down into the 1/4" dado slot along the front sides and bottom piece. Pictures coming soon.. I'm in the middle of gluing on the bottom to hide the lamp cord.The top simply sits down inside the box and was cut on the table saw in 8 passes. Four times around the top laying flat on the table saw bed, then Four passes vertical to cut away waste leaving a perfectly tight fit. I also drilled a 1" hole centered in the inside diameter of the box to accept the switch cord as well as on the top to ease opening and allow any heat from my LED light to escape.

Here are the pictures of the finished project.

A long time ago I posted louvers, probably in the gallery. They would work well on the sides of your box.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com