Thread: Scaling message

Default Scaling message

I'm having a issue when I try to carve a sign with carved region and using centerline text. With a carve region I check the box for conform. In designer it looks the way I wanted. When I upload, I get a message "features used can not be scaled, scaling disabled". I have done this before with no problem. I clicked "ok" and it uploaded and started to run the project. At the point I needed to change to 60 degree bit, the Z truck lowered as to rout the text, but did not lower to the board and carve. Lowered to a point above the board and just spun. I don't know if I had brain freeze or what. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Could be a classic "7 inch rule of wood" operator error.... Your physical board is too short and you asked the machine to scale the project to stay under the rollers... hence it takes 7 inches from your project and is going to scale the carve region. As a result of the scaled smaller carved region the machine tells you that scaling is disabled but the machine acts as if you did NOT have conform hence the bit spinning above the board. So disabled scaling you see a normal size raster but conform is turned off because of the setup error.

Make your Designer Board the same length as your Physical board and do not select to stay under the rollers... OR use a longer physical board and all will be well....

OR... I could be WRONG....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 06-06-2015 at 01:28 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

The scaling message at the upload step is the standard message everyone gets when applying conforming vectors to your project. If you did have a board that was smaller than your design size the only option the machine would give you would be to load new board. It will not scale your project "scaling disabled".

When you say "I have done this before with no problem" is that for continuing with the message or carving centerline conformed to a carve region?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Default scaling message

Thanks for the feed back. After looking at past projects, I realized I did not run them. I'm attaching the file I'm trying to run. I checked the physical and designer board size. They equal. I could go ahead and put a larger physical board and cut to size after carving. Would that allow the carving of text in a carved region? The spinning of the bit above the board is what I'm concern with.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    The scaling message at the upload step is the standard message everyone gets when applying conforming vectors to your project. If you did have a board that was smaller than your design size the only option the machine would give you would be to load new board. It will not scale your project "scaling disabled".

When you say "I have done this before with no problem" is that for continuing with the message or carving centerline conformed to a carve region?
    Like HE said....

The bit spinning above the board could just be a dirty Z roller rail. And the bit stopped short of touching the bit plate twice getting a good bit check that you may have missed. A not touching the bit plate especially with a short V60 bit where the rollers are going into rails that may be covered with sticky sawdust just to reach the bit plate.

I would try it again doing the exact same thing and watch the bit touch.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

The can't scale message is standard anytime you use Conforming Vectors. Could be that your bit is not long enough and won't reach the carved region depth, but that would result in a Z failure is I remember correctly. I had the short V bit problem when I was developing the Treasure Chest project with the 5 quarter lid.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com