Thread: I'm going to quit reading the forum... It gets me into trouble.

Wink I'm going to quit reading the forum... It gets me into trouble.

I didn't have any trouble with Designer 3 until I read that it wasn't working with Windows 10.

I have Windows 8.1 and Designer 3 was working yesterday. Today I get the message "Files moved or missing" when I click on the icon or when clicking "Open" from the drop down menu. Yet, if I click on "Run as Administrator" from the drop down window the program opens and runs normal....go figure that one out. I will probably have to uninstall and reinstall Designer 3 if anything else happens but for right now will use it as is.

I'm just wondering if I hadn't read the forum if things would still be working as it should. Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
    I didn't have any trouble with Designer 3 until I read that it wasn't working with Windows 10.

I have Windows 8.1 and Designer 3 was working yesterday. Today I get the message "Files moved or missing" when I click on the icon or when clicking "Open" from the drop down menu. Yet, if I click on "Run as Administrator" from the drop down window the program opens and runs normal....go figure that one out. I will probably have to uninstall and reinstall Designer 3 if anything else happens but for right now will use it as is.

I'm just wondering if I hadn't read the forum if things would still be working as it should. Sharon
    Hi Sharon,

Are you back from your Alaska trip? Hope you had a wonderful time!!

If Designer 3 is running fine when running as administrator, you can make it do so permanently, by right-clicking the program icon and selecting "Properties", then "Compatibility". Near the bottom of that menu, you'll see a checkbox to make the program Run As Administrator from now on. Screenshot attached.

I'll probably let everyone else be the "public beta testers" for Windows 10 for at least a year before I even think about installing it! Safer that way - I can't afford down-time nor another learning curve right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Privilege_Level_for_programs.png  
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I think you have just been saved by reading the forum! Windows can screw up in all possible futures!

Thanks Michael for the information. You are right, Run as Administrator was not checked. It's funny as it has run ok for a year before messing up.
    Bergerud, you are also right. Windows makes one want to pull their hair out. Most of the time it is operator error on my end though.

Yes, Michael. I had a great time in Alaska. Brought home some silver salmon and halibut. Could have used a few more hundred pounds of fish but throwing in a little caribou sausage did help. Seen lots of wild life... moose, brown bears, whales, seals, sea otter, eagles, etc. Even had a chance to inspect the property we still have down by Homer....should build on it so we'd have a place to vacation. Now just have to get back in the production mode in the shop. Your new pattern will be a good start. Sharon

I'm still pulling my hair with just 8.1 don't even want to think of 10 & what that will do.

Sharon,

If you have photos of the wildlife you saw in Alaska that you think may be suitable (clear and in-focus) to use as a reference to make 3D relief models from, please email them to me! I am gearing up to create a new series of wildlife models and am in need of good, original reference pics. Of course, if I make models based from your photos, you will get the models free of charge in appreciation!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by Smoken D View Post
    I'm still pulling my hair with just 8.1 don't even want to think of 10 & what that will do.
    I really like Windows 10. No problems with Designer (3) or any of my other software programs including my collection of aging Adobe programs.

Michael.... haven't downloaded pictures from camera yet. I will certainly mail them to you if I have anything decent.

No problems with Win 10 and any of my software or the add-on's.

No problem with windows 10 the only problem was with hp printer but all good now
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.