Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 upcoming release

Mostly went to voip switches like Nortel succession and such. But there are still a lot of 5Es around providing dial tone.

I started on the frame then a short time installing outside, then Step by Step and #1 X bar tandem. Then I was in the second #1ESS in Calif. ('69) then 1A ESS. DMS 100 and 5E when they came out. By the time I retired from the temp job I took to get me thru college in 1961, it was 2001 and I was qualified for everything, switching and transport, in all the offices in the San Gabriel and San Fernando valleys. I worked night shift for the last about 25 years of that time.
    Clint.
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

I was a central office equipment installer for Western Electric/ATT/Lucent for 30 yrs. until I retired in Dec. 1999. Worked on everything from X-bar to #5ESS. I even got to see the last panel office in operation in NYC. Now THAT was a sight to see.
    George

How will this work with 1.87 has that been looked at also. Will we have to change to 3 for the CW.

here is something i found interesting

http://www.howtogeek.com/219782/is-w...ting-software/
    -Jason

Thanks jab73180 .Nice info. on windows 10

I think I will reserve my copy.
    -Jason

I always install any new software in a VM (virtual machine). Hyper-V comes with windows 8 and is very handy for installing different operating systems on the same machine and testing new software. When Windows 10 is released I will install it in a VM and then install all of my critical programs for testing before I actually commit to installing it on the main HD. If anything goes awry you just just delete the VM and no harm done. You can also do it the other way around by installing Windows 10 on your main disk and then installing Hyper-V with Windows 8. Assuming Windows 10 has Hyper-V or equivalent there of.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 06-25-2015 at 01:32 PM.
    Steve

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

One more reason to hold off on Windows 10...

solitare is no longer free. It's 1.49/month or 9.99/year.

unless you like advertisements...

(this info isn't verified - it may only be for a tablet version of "microsoft solitare collection". I'm installing the new OS today and will see.)

You are right windows 10 does not have games, they are a bundle you pay for now days. Plus Hyper v is part of windows 10. I am posting this using windows 10 and edge the new IE.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast