Thread: Ai2mpc issue.

Default Ai2mpc issue.

Don't know what I am doing wrong, but here goes:

I know someone with the Vectric Aspire program (v4) and I have been playing around with it for a bit. It's a little intimidating (at least, for me) but I , none the less, am finding myself liking it. Anyway, I drew up a little vectorized design in it, and exported it in the 'AI' format. Because the program just had that one 'AI' format to export to, I assumed that the file had to be opened in Adobe Illustrator in order to to export into a different 'Illustrator' file format. So, I opened that exported file in Illustrator (CS5.1) and sought to export it in an earlier 'AI' file format. No option presented for doing that. Could it be that Ai2mpc works only with somewhat earlier versions of Illustrator?

I know that I could just resign myself to saving up some coins and aim towards buying the Carvewright DXF importer, and that the integration with my CW would be a seamless one. But I really don't want to lock myself into another proprietary program module. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my CW. But I had always wanted a gantry style CNC, which afforded the opportunity of the user being able to purchase a locally available router for an eventual replacement concern. I hope to always have a CW, but also hope to put a larger, more of a production type of CNC at my reach.

In the meatine, I am keeping my fingers crossed that some information will be provided which will help me champion this hurdle with Ai2mpc.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Nathan. I think you are correct and it is the earlier version of AI file.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Carver View Post
    Nathan. I think you are correct and it is the earlier version of AI file.
    Jeff
    Yes. However (and like I had shared with another, via PM), I had thought that the exporting capabilities might have been similar to Open Office (exporting Doc. extensions for a couple of different versions of Microsoft Word, when it shares no real relationship with the latter). No problem, though.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

I just finished reading a post by another member, here, who (sometime last year) responded to a query by a newer member. The poster's name escapes me, but he informed the inquirer that he could accomplish his goal by downloading ai2mpc and using it with a program which could export to AI v8 (or lower). That, has been made clear, but the poster brought to awareness three programs. One, was Illustrator itself. The other two were Corel Draw, and Inkscape. As mentioned earlier, I have access to Illustrator CS5.1, which did not export to an earlier version. Corel Draw I do not have, nor have access to. Inkscape is free, and (according to the poster whom I spoke of, above) is supposed to handle the exporting of file types that I desire.

I hope that he was on point about that, and hadn't confused it with another program. Going to check it out as soon as I can get on my laptop.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Just found this:
    (http://www.raymercer.net/tech/using-...strator-files/

Which explains why I couldn't get ai2mpc to do as I'd wanted. The author mentioned another program, called UniConverter, which I think I will look into.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan