Don't know what I am doing wrong, but here goes:

I know someone with the Vectric Aspire program (v4) and I have been playing around with it for a bit. It's a little intimidating (at least, for me) but I , none the less, am finding myself liking it. Anyway, I drew up a little vectorized design in it, and exported it in the 'AI' format. Because the program just had that one 'AI' format to export to, I assumed that the file had to be opened in Adobe Illustrator in order to to export into a different 'Illustrator' file format. So, I opened that exported file in Illustrator (CS5.1) and sought to export it in an earlier 'AI' file format. No option presented for doing that. Could it be that Ai2mpc works only with somewhat earlier versions of Illustrator?

I know that I could just resign myself to saving up some coins and aim towards buying the Carvewright DXF importer, and that the integration with my CW would be a seamless one. But I really don't want to lock myself into another proprietary program module. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my CW. But I had always wanted a gantry style CNC, which afforded the opportunity of the user being able to purchase a locally available router for an eventual replacement concern. I hope to always have a CW, but also hope to put a larger, more of a production type of CNC at my reach.

In the meatine, I am keeping my fingers crossed that some information will be provided which will help me champion this hurdle with Ai2mpc.