Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just checking in

Default just checking in

Hope everyone here is well and just thought I'd post a quick update as to what has been going on with my family and I over the last few months.

Though I no longer have an active Carvewright machine, I think of you guys often (and find "projects" where I wish I had my CW almost every day)

We ended up not moving to England after our around the USA trip, but instead settled on Whidbey island in the Puget sound off the coast of WA near Seattle. We bought a 5 acre microfarm and are working hard to get it up and running (chickens, ducks, gardens etc) while I work on a start up business in woodworking.

I plan to use my recently-received VA benefits to help start a woodworking business making military flag cases/shadow boxes etc similar to those that some of you've seen me make in the past and appreciate any moral support you can give as I venture out on this precarious limb.

I don't think I'll be using a Carvewright during my upcoming venture (too much water under the bridge) but cannot stress enough how much I learned from the use of my Carvewright and how much enjoyment I gained from my time with this amazing machine and here on this amazing forum.

Hope everyone is well and hope you are carving away happily... I sure sometimes miss the signature "whine" from the garage that told me my CW was working well.

Happy Carving,
    Lawrence

Hi Lawrence, good to seeing your family is well. Good luck on your wood working business. Tom, lives up that way maybe you two could get together.
    Last edited by aokweld101; 05-31-2015 at 06:46 AM.

Nice to see your doing well,, would like to see you in the group again all the best , and you have been around awhile
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Thanks for checking in, and great to hear from you and all is well. I still make those military flag cases and give them away when I can. Can't tell you how much folks appriciate me doing this. Good luck on the business and maybe someday you will be able to return to that devil machine

Great to hear you are doing well, Lawrence. Sounds like you found a great place to settle and I wish you all the best with the new farm and woodworking venture. You have built some beautiful pieces and I know you will do well. I hope you keep us all up to date on how things go....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Lawrence,

Thanks for checking in to let us know what you are up to. It sounds like your changed path in life will be a great adventure. Which occupation will go first? Farmer/rancher or Woodworker? Good to see that you are still "thinking " about that "whine" sound!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Fantastic News...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Wishing you the very best on your new ventures! Thanks for the update and keep us informed. Pictures of the new farm would be nice.

Nice to hear from you. Wishing you and your family all the best. Enjoy my friend.

Nice to hear from you. It seems like a lot of the old members are gone. Wish you best of luck in life for you and your family.
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast