Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: loons on the lake

Default loons on the lake

well its the time again to ask the ole question how? I am buying the loons on the lake pattern for a sign some one wants with" (HEAVEN ) on top (LOON SCENE )in middle and (ON EARTH) on the bottom " sounds simple , But its got to be a 24 wide by 36 long , simple 3 boards , but I lay it out and of course cant see the whole 24x 36 to see how it looked , can some one solve this dilemma before I start Drinking the pattern I am using is the loon scene from the pattern store

I lay mine out on a smaller scale that fits - in your case, 12 x 18 for example. Then copy and paste to the actual board sizes and scale up. Scale up only once, say for the bottom board; then copy and paste to the upper board so that the scale is identical.

ok im still a bit confused , I did the top , part of the middle , but lose the bottom

Did you scale down your project and lay the entire thing out on a 12 x 18" virtual board? You should have the whole project visible. Do this as a first step.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0829.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	72894yes its now on one board
    and visible

First, I would suggest that you draw two horizontal lines to divide the board into thirds. Do not assign a bit; these are reference lines only. I would save the project as a "master" should you need to make modifications.

Select everything and copy. Create a new project with an 8" x 36" virtual board and paste. I like to group everything at this point and select only the group. Select one of the corners and drag the corner up and off the board. You will need to zoom out. Drag until the lower reference line is on the top edge of the board. You will not see the top 2/3 of the project. Save as "lower".

Next save two additional copies as "middle" and "upper". Open the "middle" project, and drag the group down - do not drag a corner and resize - so that the reference lines are at the top and bottom of the board. Again, you will not see the upper and lower portions. Save. Open "upper" and drag the group down so that the top reference line is at the bottom of the board. Save.

Make sense?

ok trying this

well this isn't working , cant seem to get things to line up and now wont move up or down ,

If you have used any constraints such as vertical centering, you'll need to remove those.

Post your mpc if you like so we can take a closer look.

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    If you have used any constraints such as vertical centering, you'll need to remove those.

Post your mpc if you like so we can take a closer look.
    here it is
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast