Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a document/tutorial

Default Looking for a document/tutorial

I have been searching for the document that shows you how to realign the squaring plate with the adjustment pin. Has anyone seen it?
    Have no idea what to look for.

Thanks a bunch!
    Suzanne

To clarify what Suzanne is requesting. She needs instruction on how to adjust the STATIONARY plate alignment (near the keypad), not the Sliding plate. (The alignment pin had come out of hers and needs to be put back in the correct spot). Supposedly, there is a "document" that describes a procedure to adjust the stationary plate. I don't recall ever seeing a procedure for stationary plate adjustment in any document, but maybe someone here has? Anyway, if you know of a document such as this, please post the link.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I have been looking for it......... no such animal.
    I thought it may be in the tutorials for belt change/upgrade.
    They just say tape it so it stays where it is and no further mention adjusting it.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

All I have never seen is the advice to put a piece of tape on it when removing the squaring plate so the position of the pin is saved. I think you are on your own with this one.

As a first approximation, make it parallel to the two left guide posts. Measure from the guide posts to the edge of the squaring plate (about 1") and adjust until the distances are the same. That should be close.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010145.JPG  
    Last edited by bergerud; 05-26-2015 at 06:00 PM.

Thanks, Dan. That seems like it would work alright!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Joe from LHR said there is a document out there but never gave me a link. Dan I will try your method for sure.

Thanks Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    To clarify what Suzanne is requesting. She needs instruction on how to adjust the STATIONARY plate alignment (near the keypad), not the Sliding plate. (The alignment pin had come out of hers and needs to be put back in the correct spot). Supposedly, there is a "document" that describes a procedure to adjust the stationary plate. I don't recall ever seeing a procedure for stationary plate adjustment in any document, but maybe someone here has? Anyway, if you know of a document such as this, please post the link.

One really wants to make sure the squaring plate is parallel to the belt travel. I assume that the belt travel is perpendicular to the y bit travel. I would use a large square to scribe a perpendicular line across a board and then adjust the squaring plate so the bit follows the line.

Will definitely try Dan! Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    One really wants to make sure the squaring plate is parallel to the belt travel. I assume that the belt travel is perpendicular to the y bit travel. I would use a large square to scribe a perpendicular line across a board and then adjust the squaring plate so the bit follows the line.

Not really related to the squaring plate, but with the upgrade done the CW web site it is sure harder to find the documents now. The old site/page had them all listed out. Now you have the search and hope your search finds the correct one.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast