Thread: SeeBee WarFare Pin

1. Default SeeBee WarFare Pin

Anybody have a pattern for this Pin. Looking for one as mine did not come out as sharp as I would like!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SeeBee Pin.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	76171

I am terrible at moving 2d pictures to CW unless I get real lucky. Hopefully some of the experts on here can do that.

In the mean time I took it as an exercise to create a 3d model of the image and create a pattern from it. It is my interpretation of the pin so not perfect. It is pretty cartoony but hopefully it's of use for something. The anchor, sword and rifle came out really good so I am enclosing as separate patterns. I use blender 3d as my modeling software because its free but it does a decent job as the rendered picture shows.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW Navy seabee pin.jpg   CW Navy anchor.jpg   Navyseabee.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Oscar, your pattern looks great nice going.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Eddie, thank you. It was a fun little pattern build. I tried porting the picture after cleaning it up in a paint program but it looked terrible and I just could not get it a whole lot better regardless of what I tried. You do magic with your skills for that.

So went back to what I know (at least a little) and so have a nice anchor and sword patterns I can pull for future projects.

Oscar, I use paint shop pro ver 6 (when corel bought it out they ruined it), or photoshop 5.0.
    1) But a little secrete, designer does a good job of converting it to a pattern by importing the image. Then using PE save the pattern out as an image, then use your imaging program to massage it, changing the heights of some grays, and adding gussuant glur (small amount) to give it the 3d affect.
    2) Or in your case use PE to export it as an stl file and edit it in blender.
    3) Last program is shadermap pro cost about $39, but here again the heights do not always come out right, so some editing of the image before hand is necessary to get the pattern height correct.

I would stick with your quads in blender, you are doing a great job and getting really good at pattern creation.

Most of the time (not for quick patterns) I use the image and redraw it using MoI3D, and model it from there giving the heights I want.
    Last edited by eelamb; 05-17-2015 at 08:47 PM.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Eddie,

Thank you and that is awesome. It never occurred to me to go back into paint or blender after the pattern was developed to clean them up. Another tool for the tool bag is created.

7. Default

Thanks for your assistance on this project, making a plaque for a SeeBee's retirement after twenty years.