Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Universal Carrier Base

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    ...(I guess I should have mentioned to ignore the warning in the instructions.)
    In all the POM instructions, I show a screenshot of the "warning" message along with a description and what the ACTUAL board dimensions should be for a given project. I endeavor to leave nothing to chance, and spell everything out step-by-step. That way, even if a Beginner runs a project, they will be successful even if they don't have an understanding of "why" certain procedures are followed when starting out.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Thanks Michael. I will add the warning info. I do plan on revising the project and I will put this on the list.

Ok. Thanks. I figured that was what I needed to do, but I thought I'd check with the experts...
    I took a 14-1/2" x 96" rip and cut it oversize for both projects, so I have plenty of material.... I have all the hardware, so now I just need to feed it to the beast.
    Designer 1.187 Build 10870
    Designer 3.106 Build 38
    Pattern Editor
    Centerline
    Conforming Vectors
    2D Vector Drawing Suite
    STL Importer
    3D Pattern Modeling Suite
    Rotary Jig

Got it cut out yesterday, now to put the thing together... Loved the fact that all I had to do was put the 1/8th bit in the machine and let 'er rip.

While I'm on the subject, is it possible to use this sled for scanning as well as cutting?
    Designer 3.106 Build 38
    Pattern Editor
    Centerline
    Conforming Vectors
    2D Vector Drawing Suite
    STL Importer
    Rotary Jig

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    While I'm on the subject, is it possible to use this sled for scanning as well as cutting?
    Good question. I see no reason why not. You would have to use a board as a base and devise a way to fix it in place. Tape?

I made one of the carriers found one think in the instruction that Don.t jive it's state put the short touch pad on one side and the long one on the other thing is my touch pads were cut out both the same size tried to do.a carve all.remedial.put the machine asked me the thickness of the board so.I.put it in and away it went is there a reason for it to.ask other than worked ok just got to.get use to.it

They are cut the same size but the bolt holes are in different places so that the top of one is lower than the top of the other. The lower one goes on the keypad side and the higher one on the sliding plate side.

Got the pieces out of the matrix and sanded the tabs off tonight. (I know, I'm a slowpoke, so sue me. ) And then I used the drill trick to get rid of the tabs in the slots. Just had to wonder about that... why tabs in the slots? Why not just delete those tabs and cut through? Wouldn't that be much cleaner? I don't think that little bit of interior material is going to break anything if it lets go...
    Designer 3.106 Build 38
    Pattern Editor
    Centerline
    Conforming Vectors
    2D Vector Drawing Suite
    STL Importer
    Rotary Jig

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Got the pieces out of the matrix and sanded the tabs off tonight. (I know, I'm a slowpoke, so sue me. ) And then I used the drill trick to get rid of the tabs in the slots. Just had to wonder about that... why tabs in the slots? Why not just delete those tabs and cut through? Wouldn't that be much cleaner? I don't think that little bit of interior material is going to break anything if it lets go...
    The tabs come along with the cutouts. They cannot be turned off. I also tried just using bit paths but I wanted the mpc to work for 1/2" and 5/8" thick boards without having to change all the depths of the cuts. The cutout automatically adjusts for the thickness of the board.

I see. Sure wish we had a pocketing routine with this software... don't you?

Hey, what are the touch holes/blocks for? I've been searching for a 5/16" forstner bit too, and can't seem to find one locally. I may have to clamp thin stock to the top and use a regular twist drill....
    Designer 3.106 Build 38
    Pattern Editor
    Centerline
    Conforming Vectors
    2D Vector Drawing Suite
    STL Importer
    Rotary Jig

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast