Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The Universal Carrier Base

Can you try a cutout down on the belts? Maybe your problem is not to do with the UCB.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Can you try a cutout down on the belts? Maybe your problem is not to do with the UCB.
    I did the cut out on the belt and it cut out to the correct depth. Never asked if I wanted the depth of the project or board but then it never would if I used the correct size board in the project. I guess I will go ahead and do what you said about making a shim for the touch plate on the UCB.

This does not make sense to me. Try it without the touch blocks. Just take them both off or jog to the other hole. The machine will bob extra times, ask if the sliding plate is set (say Yes) and then ask for the board thickness.

Any update on the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Any update on the problem?
    I took the touch plates off and the machine then asked if I want to use the project depth or the board depth. With the touch blocks on it would not ask. I then tried the touch blocks in my older machine and it did ask about the depth with the touch blocks on. I also noticed that my new machine always asks if I want to cut the board to size on a project but my older machine never asks this. Not sure this is.

Quote Originally Posted by sunmiztres View Post
    I took the touch plates off and the machine then asked if I want to use the project depth or the board depth. With the touch blocks on it would not ask. I then tried the touch blocks in my older machine and it did ask about the depth with the touch blocks on. I also noticed that my new machine always asks if I want to cut the board to size on a project but my older machine never asks this. Not sure this is.
    The difference between machines could be different z depth calibrations. One with rubber and one with sandpaper? As for the cut board to size, that can be turned off. Same card - firmware in each machine?

Dumb question on cutting this thing out. When uploading to the card, I was asked if I wanted to Ignore (the cuts making the project come out from under the rollers), Manual Jig, or Auto Jig this project.
    I know I don't want to Auto Jig, but do I ignore this, and just use the longer board, or manual jig it?
    Designer 1.187 Build 10870
    Designer 3.106 Build 38
    Pattern Editor
    Centerline
    Conforming Vectors
    2D Vector Drawing Suite
    STL Importer
    3D Pattern Modeling Suite
    Rotary Jig

Just make sure your real board placed into the machine is at least a "tad" over 7" longer than the layout (on-screen) board. This is the normal 7" Rule - exactly how all the projects of the month are laid out and run.

No need whatsoever to make the board any longer than that (i.e., some folks make their boards 8" longer for some silly reason).
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Different people do things in different ways. I usually make the Designer board as small as possible. I make it so it just fits around the carving or cutting. I find there are many advantages to doing this. The disadvantage is that you get the warnings on upload. These can be ignored as long as the real board is large enough to stay under the rollers and keep things like the cut throughs away from the brass roller. In the case of the UCB, you can ignore the warning as long as you are using the size of board in the instructions. (I guess I should have mentioned to ignore the warning in the instructions.)

I should also add that these warning messages are something you will get used to when you use the UCB. One of the main features of the UCB is that you do not need the real boards to be 7" longer than the pattern. As a matter of practice, the virtual board in Designer will always be just big enough for the project and upload will always have a warning to ignore. (You should still read them as there can be other reasons for warnings!)

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast