Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Universal Carrier Base

Default The Universal Carrier Base

The Universal Carrier Base is now up in the Pattern Depot. Making it should not be hard. It could easily have been a basic level project. I thought, however, that actually using it might require a little more than basic knowledge of the machine. (I did not want any newbies to think they were making a towel rack!)

http://store.carvewright.com/product...cat=261&page=1

Have a look at the project instructions (Try) and see what you think. I plan to update the "how to use instructions" down the road after the discussions I hope we have in this thread.

There are two project files. One for the UCB 24 and one for the UCB 36. You should build the 24 first.

I really think this is a good thing. I hope you do too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UCB Cover.pdf   P1010072.JPG  

Job well done sir!!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I followed along in the thread you started as you were working on and improving your design. I plan to give it a try when I get a chance. I am glad to see it in the Pattern Depot. You did a great job designing and building this. Hope you see $$$ for all the time you put into creating it.
    What are you going to do next?
    A Series machine purchased in 2007
    had 30 minutes running time up till 2-13-15

Ring Neck Blues DC Insert (outstanding job keeping machine clean!), HF DC blower
    Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Pattern Sculptor, STL Importer, Scanning Probe, 2D Vector Drawing Suite, 3D Pattern Modeling Suite, Centerline text, Conforming Vectors, CarveTight Chuck, Decorative Bit set
    Universal Laser ILS series laser engraver with dual laser cartridges 135 watts total with 24" x 48" table and Class 4 module

Thanks Floyd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike58 View Post
    What are you going to do next?
    I will work on an Advanced Carrier Base. Side clamping, repeatability, and double sided accuracy. Mostly procedures.

I think this is so popular that you have crashed the CW registration site...keep getting error messages.

You are not the only one. Mikemi sent me a PM saying he was getting 404 after he bought it.

May not be cycled through the database until the morning.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

The CW registration server is working for this project now. Just registered mine.
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    You are not the only one. Mikemi sent me a PM saying he was getting 404 after he bought it.
    Bergerud,

Thanks for the help. I got mine activated this morning. Now it is off to Lowe's to buy the materials.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Bergerud,

Thanks for your creative project! I hope to build mine this week and begin putting it to good use.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast