Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Universal Carrier Base

It's a shame we have to devise such extreme measures just to make a capable machine more diverse. If only the software developers would add another option to allow us an "advanced user" option to bypass board measurement and another to jog to touch off points to set x,y and z points like every other mass produced cnc in the world. This change would be so simple to implement in software. I'm putting in my request here for a much needed update.

Brad

Just want to.THANK DAN for getting me all squared away with the UBC!!!! It sure will.save a lot of WOOD

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    It's a shame we have to devise such extreme measures just to make a capable machine more diverse. If only the software developers would add another option to allow us an "advanced user" option to bypass board measurement and another to jog to touch off points to set x,y and z points like every other mass produced cnc in the world. This change would be so simple to implement in software. I'm putting in my request here for a much needed update.

Brad
    The carvewright seems to be designed for beginners so it will walk you through everything. I do think that more advanced users could benefit from allowing you to turn off the beginner mode and have more control unfortunately if LHR does do this they will undoubtedly charge $200, or more if you still have basic designer, to allow the use of any improvements.

There's Been a lot of discussion on the web at different times about cribbage boards design etc. I have made many many of them.as gifts over the years by hand and with the CW and the design I find that works best is this peg holes should be 1/2 deep always track.depth should be 0'063 at THAT depth you have room to.sand the board with out losing the track bit used for tracks 60 degree also used for small.letters and numbers for larage letters 3/4 or so.90 degree bit board size can carry alot depending on number of players a good size for 2 play is 16 by 5 1/2 that's about it

Dan, I have my machine running again..finally... I have a lot of my projects that I need to do and one is your UCB, I have all the hardware and a 1/2 board to do your UCB project, the question that I'm not getting is where the touch hole goes, does it go to the center?

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    ... the question that I'm not getting is where the touch hole goes, does it go to the center?
    I am not sure what you are asking. The touch holes go down into the tops of the right sides above where the slots are in the sides. If the sides were 5/8" thick, the holes would be centered in the 5/8". With the 1/2" sides, the center of the hole has to be 5/16" from the inside edge (where the edge of the board will be).

this is a piture of what was posted.
    Attached Files Attached Files

That was an early mpc in case someone wanted to get the CW to cut the hole. I decided after that that it was easier and safer to just drill a hole with a drill press or hand drill. (It would really be a shame to wreck the project cutting the last hole!)

Dan, where in the board do you drill that hole is there a specific spot, like center of the board? center of width of the board? that is what I'm asking..

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    The touch holes go down into the tops of the right sides above where the slots are in the sides. If the sides were 5/8" thick, the holes would be centered in the 5/8". With the 1/2" sides, the center of the hole has to be 5/16" from the inside edge (where the edge of the board will be).
    Did this not answer the question? See the holes in the ACB in the picture. The same as those.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010139.JPG  
    Last edited by bergerud; 02-05-2016 at 02:19 PM.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast