I'm posting this in hopes that one of our brilliant minds in the forums may look at this from a different angle. I haven't attempted any inlays yet mainly because the results of the research I've conducted through the forums almost points to a hit or miss, if I'm wrong please tell me. I think this is mainly because there is no ability to do pocket cutting with our software similar to the table top cnc's like shopbot or products by inventables. Recently I stumbled across this video (i'm sure many of you have seen some of his other videos) by mtmwood where he did a v bit based inlay. It really blew me away and as simple as it seemed I couldn't wrap my head around producing it in the CW. I thought if we could figure this out not only would it allow us to do inlays but very precise ones at that. Take a look at the video attached and tell me your thoughts. I've played with the CW software by both using outline/centerline, inverting rasters, and outlining the actual text and assigning a bit and depth. I'm missing something if it is indeed possible. Hopefully this will be another move forward in terms of our abilities, if not well.. at least I tried!
Paul

https://youtu.be/lf6LzuLhQv4