Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ideas for getting cut motor brush cap off

You can buy just the cap, but you have to call LHR as it is not available online.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

When I first got the machine I made seven or eight lithos but since I changed brushes it has been just wood.

When changing brushes, to get the most out of them, they need to be seated in. First thing to do is inspect armature for wear or damage. If armature needs no work, shine it up lightly with emery (180 grit will work). Tape a piece of emery tightly to the armature with grit outward as wide as the brushes. Install armature and brushes, rotate motor armature in the direction it travels about a dozen times. Take apart motor, remove emery, put motor together again. Brushes should now sit as flat as they can on the armature.

Hasher,

You have a PM.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    You can buy just the cap, but you have to call LHR as it is not available online.
    Thank you I will call.

I just recently changed my brushes. When I ordered new ones I noticed the cap did not look like the old brushes. I called tech and they said it won't fit as good but will work. I just installed them yesterday and many problems are beginning. There is major carbon dust all over my sled ( looks like black saw dust). My carvings are looking terrible. Lines are being carved where they are not suppose to be. The carve is deeper in some spots then others. When i installed the new ones they fit more loose then the old ones. I think a lot has to do with the brushes being different then the ones coming out of the machine. I am using a C machine cutting motor but are being sent the CX machine carbon brushes. The machine doesn't sound like there is a problem but with so much carbon dust I know something is not right. Anyone have any ideas what is going on and why the carvings would be so erratic? I checked the z motor encoder and there is no dust in it. I am using a dust collector system. Any help would be much appreciated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123