Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shop pics

I hear you on bigger. If I had the money, I have the room to build a nice space on my property. I got an old truck that I want to start restoring but no place to put it inside, unless I move the woodworking shop. I have laid everything out so it can be moved aside and enough room can be made for my pickup in a hurry... in case of bad weather which happens often in Kansas. In about 10 minutes I can move stuff and make room for my Ram quad cab... although tight lol.

Once I win the lottery then maybe. If I could have a purpose built shop, with 200 amp electric service, dust collection run in the floor, lots of windows, central heat and air, ok now i'm dreaming LOLOL!
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI3060.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	970.1 KB 
ID:	75318 Some of my lumber... this is before I fixed the stack.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI3063.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	939.6 KB 
ID:	75319 Found this maple burl slab behind the band saw while cleaning, forgot it was there.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

Nice shop. I have been trying clean mine up . There is no room for me to move. Henry1 has seen it lol. Just as easy to take it to work and use the tools in the shop there and a lot faster . Can do it on my break along with prep. wood plain and sand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Table saw.jpg   jounter & planer.jpg  

Anyone out there had experience with shipping containers converted to workshop? Just about to pull the trigger on 2 40' insulated boxes. Want to place side-by-side with 20' of wall cut out to make prox 17' x 20' open space. Smaller tools and storage in the back 20' (2 rooms 8.5' x 20').
    Jerry
    Having fun with my CW now!
    C Machine spring of 2013, CarveTight, Rotary, designer 3.102, probe/PE,
    vector 2d, 3d advanced, conforming vectors, STL. Photo Explosion 4.
    HF 2hp dust collector. Headquartered in West-Central IL.

Quote Originally Posted by Wood Art 1 View Post
    Anyone out there had experience with shipping containers converted to workshop? Just about to pull the trigger on 2 40' insulated boxes. Want to place side-by-side with 20' of wall cut out to make prox 17' x 20' open space. Smaller tools and storage in the back 20' (2 rooms 8.5' x 20').

No experience as a work shop but have been in one that a guy converted to a storage shed. I thought is was a nice set up especially with being insulated. I think it even had wiring for lights.

I would think they would convert very well for a work shop.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks Floyd,
    looking at 200 amp service, to handle small heater, dust Collector, welder, all the power tools and LED ceiling lites. Already have the location marked in the yard. Challenges will be to get the two containers side-by-side, bolted together and level.
    Jerry

keep up posted on your progress, sounds like a great project.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Finally, got the new shop project to a point where I can use it again...many months of other projects and wiring, and dust collector and moving tools from basement and garage to shop. Carved first project in new shop this week.
    History: Bought two 40' refrigeration containers from a USA Containers. Come with smooth wall, core 10 exteriors, smooth stainless steel walls, aluminum ceiling, aluminum slat floor, 2-3/4" foam insulation in walls and ceilings. Had the supplier cut 20' of two walls to give me one large 16x20' room and one 8 x20 room for additional tools and parts, and one 8x20' room for wood storage. Hired a crane to set the two containers side-by-side in the back yard. (By the way, we have no zoning requirements in this town.) Had the local utility add 220v service to the structure. Did my own electric panel and conduit wiring. 5000 watt electric heater is sufficient to move from 20 deg F to 60 deg here in central IL.
    Outside will require paint and maybe some bushes to help with neighbor relations. Need some ideas on best way to hide door hardware. Would like to leave them operable to facilitate ventilation and larger tools.
    The shop space is not full YET. Have more tools and lots more wood to move.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 181.jpg  
    Jerry

slowly wiping drool from my face...

Sweet!

Jerry,
    Yeah, I'm envious too. Great idea wish I had the space and money for something like this...
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast