Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shop pics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Shop pics

Did a good spring cleaning on the shop, thought I would post a few pics. Basically took pics from all four corners to give an overall view. Sometimes lots of tools is a bad thing, can get a little crowded.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI3052.JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	971.6 KB 
ID:	75266 Shot shows the newest tools, table saw and 15" spiral head planer from Grizzley, along with the CS machine. You can see some of my dust collection system.

Name:	DSCI3053.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	955.3 KB 
ID:	75267 14" band saw with riser and spindle sander

Name:	DSCI3054.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	953.9 KB 
ID:	75268 Chop saw and main work bench. Notice the Tonka toys over the door, those are from my childhood.

Name:	DSCI3055.JPG 
Views:	162 
Size:	955.2 KB 
ID:	75269 Drill press and router table, and the finish room in the corner. Over the door of the finish room is a hand saw owned by my grandfather, it has been in every shop I have ever had.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

Nice shop! I'm always interested in seeing other shops. What tools they have how they position them. Someday I'll have to post a couple pictures of my place. too.
    After it's been cleaned.
    Thanks for sharing.

Nice shop.........much bigger than mine and tidier of course......

Name:	DSCI3060.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	970.1 KB 
ID:	75318 Some of my lumber... this is before I fixed the stack.

Name:	DSCI3063.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	939.6 KB 
ID:	75319 Found this maple burl slab behind the band saw while cleaning, forgot it was there.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

Have to say nice, can wait now to get one,,, much bigger than mine
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Is that a two car garage or a 4 car garage? What are the dimensions of the shop? Something is wrong with your pictures as compared to my garage... Where's all the stuff you need to work on your house.. plumbing, electricity, yard tools, mechanical tools, paint supplies, roofing supplies, etc... Maybe I need another garage to build my shop out of.. my garage is packed full of stuff, I may need in the near 20 years of working on my 100 year old home.

Anyway enough about my congested garage/shop, I think your shop is extremely well organized, flows well with projects and has a great dust collection system all hooked together. Maybe, someday we will all have the great shop like the one that you treasure.

Great shop, thanks for sharing. I am in the midst of doing mine and you have given me some good ideas. Would you still run what I assume is 4" pipe for dust collection? I know there are calculations for this but that is far beyond me. BTW, nice table saw. Most carpenters would agree a table saw is one of the most important tools. I know mine is. Thanks again.

Anyone out there had experience with shipping containers converted to workshop? Just about to pull the trigger on 2 40' insulated boxes. Want to place side-by-side with 20' of wall cut out to make prox 17' x 20' open space. Smaller tools and storage in the back 20' (2 rooms 8.5' x 20').
    Jerry
    Having fun with my CW now!
    C Machine spring of 2013, CarveTight, Rotary, designer 3.102, probe/PE,
    vector 2d, 3d advanced, conforming vectors, STL. Photo Explosion 4.
    HF 2hp dust collector. Headquartered in West-Central IL.

Quote Originally Posted by Wood Art 1 View Post
    Anyone out there had experience with shipping containers converted to workshop? Just about to pull the trigger on 2 40' insulated boxes. Want to place side-by-side with 20' of wall cut out to make prox 17' x 20' open space. Smaller tools and storage in the back 20' (2 rooms 8.5' x 20').

No experience as a work shop but have been in one that a guy converted to a storage shed. I thought is was a nice set up especially with being insulated. I think it even had wiring for lights.

I would think they would convert very well for a work shop.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I have worked on cargo boxes in my career, it is a lot of work and have used a arsenal of tools to achieve it, and working 8 hr. days for 2 1/2 weeks by myself that was cutting the side of the box out, it looks easy when you look at it but I'm telling you that is a young mans job...if you do this I think you'll regret it. that time length was just one box and had fork truck and overhead cranes, my advice is that I wouldn't do it. you'll work a 6" grinder to death, I am a welder and fabricator and have 35 yrs experience. I myself wouldn't do it. I just looked at your shop and that is exactly what I have built it was one of the frist ones we built for the military we modified as we had better ideas, I definitly would not do it..... Our company worked on multiple boxes like these for 5 yrs, so I know what I'm talking about, I'm not blowing smoke...
    Last edited by aokweld101; 02-26-2016 at 07:29 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast