Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shop pics

Nice looking layout Jerry, but much too clean!
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

I have worked on cargo boxes in my career, it is a lot of work and have used a arsenal of tools to achieve it, and working 8 hr. days for 2 1/2 weeks by myself that was cutting the side of the box out, it looks easy when you look at it but I'm telling you that is a young mans job...if you do this I think you'll regret it. that time length was just one box and had fork truck and overhead cranes, my advice is that I wouldn't do it. you'll work a 6" grinder to death, I am a welder and fabricator and have 35 yrs experience. I myself wouldn't do it. I just looked at your shop and that is exactly what I have built it was one of the frist ones we built for the military we modified as we had better ideas, I definitly would not do it..... Our company worked on multiple boxes like these for 5 yrs, so I know what I'm talking about, I'm not blowing smoke...
    Last edited by aokweld101; 02-26-2016 at 07:29 AM.

Thanks for the great comments. Pretty clean right now. Just give me a couple of weeks. Still looking for ideas to hide the outside door hardware - make it look more like a regular shed. But allow me to open the doors for ventilation or moving in large equipment. They are good, heavy insulated doors. Not excited about removing them and building more doors.
    About removing the sidewalls...had the vendor do it for me, cost $, but it only took them a couple of days. They recommend using a hand grinder with a thin cutting disc. Very difficult to drill holes in the stainless. Use a nail to create a small hole for self-threading fasteners. This size building was considerably cheaper than pouring slab, and having one built, insulated. etc. I probably could have fit my shop into one container, but I want to eliminate my off-premise rented wood storage.

Thanks again for the kind comments.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 190.jpg   178.jpg  
    Jerry
    Having fun with my CW now!
    C Machine spring of 2013, CarveTight, Rotary, designer 3.102, probe/PE,
    vector 2d, 3d advanced, conforming vectors, STL. Photo Explosion 4.
    HF 2hp dust collector. Headquartered in West-Central IL.

Great job! I've been waiting to see how this came out. It should make for a nice cozy work shop and any saw dust will just slide off of the walls...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I might have not read that right we had put welded insulating aluminum panels to the side walls and ceiling, the cargo box was made mild steel even with it being stainless walls with a cutting wheel its difficult.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123