Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shop pics

Default Shop pics

Did a good spring cleaning on the shop, thought I would post a few pics. Basically took pics from all four corners to give an overall view. Sometimes lots of tools is a bad thing, can get a little crowded.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI3052.JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	971.6 KB 
ID:	75266 Shot shows the newest tools, table saw and 15" spiral head planer from Grizzley, along with the CS machine. You can see some of my dust collection system.

Name:	DSCI3053.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	955.3 KB 
ID:	75267 14" band saw with riser and spindle sander

Name:	DSCI3054.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	953.9 KB 
ID:	75268 Chop saw and main work bench. Notice the Tonka toys over the door, those are from my childhood.

Name:	DSCI3055.JPG 
Views:	162 
Size:	955.2 KB 
ID:	75269 Drill press and router table, and the finish room in the corner. Over the door of the finish room is a hand saw owned by my grandfather, it has been in every shop I have ever had.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

Nice shop! I'm always interested in seeing other shops. What tools they have how they position them. Someday I'll have to post a couple pictures of my place. too.
    After it's been cleaned.
    Thanks for sharing.

Nice shop.........much bigger than mine and tidier of course......

Have to say nice, can wait now to get one,,, much bigger than mine
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Is that a two car garage or a 4 car garage? What are the dimensions of the shop? Something is wrong with your pictures as compared to my garage... Where's all the stuff you need to work on your house.. plumbing, electricity, yard tools, mechanical tools, paint supplies, roofing supplies, etc... Maybe I need another garage to build my shop out of.. my garage is packed full of stuff, I may need in the near 20 years of working on my 100 year old home.

Anyway enough about my congested garage/shop, I think your shop is extremely well organized, flows well with projects and has a great dust collection system all hooked together. Maybe, someday we will all have the great shop like the one that you treasure.

Nice shop dehrlich, much cleaner that mine.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Great shop, thanks for sharing. I am in the midst of doing mine and you have given me some good ideas. Would you still run what I assume is 4" pipe for dust collection? I know there are calculations for this but that is far beyond me. BTW, nice table saw. Most carpenters would agree a table saw is one of the most important tools. I know mine is. Thanks again.

Thanks for the comments guys. My shop is in a two car size garage, 24x24, but I also have an adjacent 1 car space that's 12x24 where all the lumber and "garage stuff" is kept. Lucked out in that regard. Had my electric upgraded a few years ago to include the big lights, makes a huge difference. Glad I thought ahead and got a 220 outlet for the planer. The table saw could also be 220 but I switched it over to 110, plenty of power. It's a great machine, under $1000... highly recommend if anyone is in the market.

Yes would go with the 4" PVC again. Have done a few systems with the same material, works great as long as you run a ground wire through it. Also, keep in mind I said I had just cleaned and reorganized ... spent 2 days doing it. It is normally a mess, but I am going to try very hard to prevent that from now on. I do love my shop. It has taken a while to make everything easy to use for me, because of my disabilities I need everything easy to reach. It's heated and air conditioned with a wall heater and window AC so I can use year around. Since I'm fully disabled, I must be able to go out there and work at least a few hours every day when I can to keep myself sane.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

Thanks for the reply... concerning size and input on the dust collector system

Thank you for sharing, I have a 20' x 46' shop and still needs to be bigger I have two 4'x8' tables one out of wood and one of out metal that has a half inch metal plate on it in case I need someway of holding things down or needs to be straitning I think both tables are needed it takes a lot of room up.. plus my woodworking tools and welding equipment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast