Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Poorman's Board Carrier

Does post 16 answer your question?

I did use post 16 in setting the depths. Just hoping I got it right.

But I just tried to use them and I hit a bit of a snag... either I misdesigned it when I did the redesign, or I don't understand how to use it. The tab for the brass roller touch down - it is hitting the black plate that covers the roller and etc. at the keyboard side. How is it supposed to fit in the machine? Do I originally set it in so that tab is overlapping the brass roller? Does that not affect the clamping pressure?
    - Ken
    Later model "B" Machine with CarveTight and Rubber belt upgrades
    RNB Model "A" Dust Collection, Scanning Probe, Rotary Jig
    Designer 3, Conforming Vectors, STL Importer, DXF Importer, Rotary, Basic, Pattern Editor (Probe), Advanced 3D, Centerline

I had to cut some clearance so the tab would clear the squaring plate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010388.JPG   P1010389.JPG  

Gotcha. Did I miss that somewhere before, or was everyone else just able to figure it out on their own without asking, lol?
    - Ken
    Later model "B" Machine with CarveTight and Rubber belt upgrades
    RNB Model "A" Dust Collection, Scanning Probe, Rotary Jig
    Designer 3, Conforming Vectors, STL Importer, DXF Importer, Rotary, Basic, Pattern Editor (Probe), Advanced 3D, Centerline

Quote Originally Posted by karossii View Post
    Gotcha. Did I miss that somewhere before, or was everyone else just able to figure it out on their own without asking, lol?
    I cannot remember!

6. Default

I'm trying to use the poorman sled and it measures beautifully, however when it comes to measuring thickness, I don't know what I'm supposed to do. It doesn't automatically go to the cut out area to measure and I recall reading something about using the "jog" feature - but I have no idea how to use that. I usually say for it to just center on board. Can someone explain the proceed to me? Thanks!

There are two different jog features at the machine. One is jogging to show the machine where to carve a project and the other is jogging to show the machine where to bob to touch the surface. It is the jog to touch the surface that one uses to line up the bit with the touch holes on the carrier. When the bobbing to touch the surface routine starts ("Finding Surface" on the display), press STOP. You will get three options. Press 3) Jog. Now use the x arrow keys to move the carrier to line up the bit with the touch holes in the carrier. (You can also arrow the y if, for example, you want the bit to touch in the middle of the board but it is only the x which really matters.)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345