Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ring Neck Blues Dust Collector

Totally agree Mike, that was a great investment and an addition to my B machine. Check your PM's
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

I have 2 Carvewrights and both are equipped with Floyds DC Insert with the HF Dust Collector. I was concerned about the airflow when I have both machines going, but after that first time of running both at the same time, my concerns were gone.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDuke View Post
    I agree about the RNB-DC!!
    I can't believe I carved for 4 years before getting one.
    I had one slight issue... the screw on the CarveTight was hitting the DC but a couple slight bends and it has been smooth carving since.
    Jimmie,

Are you hooking the bottom lip of the insert over the frame just above the compression roller? If not it will allow the DC-INSERT to sit to high and come in contact with the chuck.

For everyone else, thanks for the comments!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_3364 (Large).jpg  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

as a followup, I want to clarify about a tablespoon or two of carvings left after running almost 8 hours. While that is true - it isn't exactly accurate. Followup carving on a couple of other things basically left a clean machine. The little remaining was actually between the lower belts below the board from cutting after carving. The cut kerf was mostly packed with sawdust when done.
    I think what was in the machine was what fell out the bottom side, and dislodged while I removed the board from the machine. I have also noticed the muffler dust bag seems to no longer have any dust in it since using the dust collector.
    A Series machine purchased in 2007
    had 30 minutes running time up till 2-13-15

Ring Neck Blues DC Insert (outstanding job keeping machine clean!), HF DC blower
    Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Pattern Sculptor, STL Importer, Scanning Probe, 2D Vector Drawing Suite, 3D Pattern Modeling Suite, Centerline text, Conforming Vectors, CarveTight Chuck, Decorative Bit set
    Universal Laser ILS series laser engraver with dual laser cartridges 135 watts total with 24" x 48" table and Class 4 module

Mike,

You are right, the dust down between the belts is from doing the cut out/path. I use the down draft (the long slot between the two belts) when I do any cut paths.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ddwcw.jpg   ddbox1.2.jpg  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Talking proof in the pictures

here are pictures of inside my machine as it finished carving 7 hours on a two sided project. Pictures were taken as the machine paused for me to change the bit to the cutting bit.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150329_191227.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	720.0 KB 
ID:	75285 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150329_191238.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	903.2 KB 
ID:	75286 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150329_191247.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	768.7 KB 
ID:	75287

As you can see there is very little debris left inside the machine. The dust bag/muffler is clean inside when removed and inspected.
    A Series machine purchased in 2007
    had 30 minutes running time up till 2-13-15

Ring Neck Blues DC Insert (outstanding job keeping machine clean!), HF DC blower
    Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Pattern Sculptor, STL Importer, Scanning Probe, 2D Vector Drawing Suite, 3D Pattern Modeling Suite, Centerline text, Conforming Vectors, CarveTight Chuck, Decorative Bit set
    Universal Laser ILS series laser engraver with dual laser cartridges 135 watts total with 24" x 48" table and Class 4 module

I would certainly echo what Mike has said and documented. I did 2 back to back 5 hour carves yesterday and the inside of my CW looked just like Mike's pictures. It has been a great addition to both of my CWs and I know has saved me tons of $$ in problems that I have never had. Over 300 hours on one machine and almost 220 on the other with NO issues whatsoever .... I attribute it to good solid dust collection and following the maintenance schedule .....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Jimmie,

Are you hooking the bottom lip of the insert over the frame just above the compression roller? If not it will allow the DC-INSERT to sit to high and come in contact with the chuck.
    Yes, it is hooked in. It was only hitting in one spot but it's all good now. I love the DC!

I been doing a lot of cut through with my CW,
    I am having a lot of dust packed in the slot. I am using one of the old design wood cut outs that goes on the tray in front of the spindle.

Does the ring neck help with keeping the cut out slots cleared?
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jaustin View Post
    I been doing a lot of cut through with my CW,
    I am having a lot of dust packed in the slot. I am using one of the old design wood cut outs that goes on the tray in front of the spindle.

Does the ring neck help with keeping the cut out slots cleared?
    John,

Good question. What I have noticed is it depends a lot on the type of wood you are cutting out. Sappy woods like pine do seem to keep the saw dust in the cut path more than the harder woods. The DC-INSERT will help suck some of the dust out of the path but it will not get it all out. When I am doing cut outs I open up my down draft slot and doing so it seems to help pull some down through the middle slot in the machine.

Hope to get other DC-INSERT user comments on this as well.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast