Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carve depth

Changing the height may have made a difference it really is kind of hard to tell. I plan on carving with some 1/4 white corian in a couple of days when I can get back out to the shop.
    Here are a couple of pictures of the pine cone that I carved in clear material. When I put it in the light box I put some 1/8 thick white plastic behind it that I bought at the local Menards. At the time I didn't have any white corian to carve with. I thought that with just the clear, and maybe a dark background it would look good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20141214_095347.jpg   20141214_094825.jpg   20141206_154332.jpg  

Thanks for showing us the pics. By putting the white plastic behind, you basically simulated a white Corian appearance anyway.

I think it could look interesting left as clear hanging in a window - plus, I like the idea of being able to choose any color background you like. As long as the colored background material is not too thick to prevent enough light shining through (or "playing" off the clear relief), you may have discovered a very nice technique! Thanks again.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12