Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Experimental Board Carrier

bergerud - I have to agree with both Mike and James - I get motivated, inspired and excited every time I see one of your builds and want to see you keep inspiring others. I inquire a lot for a few reasons, most I have already mentioned in terms of being confused and not completely understanding. As of late my machine has been down due to the X drive gears being on backorder and trying to make do with a boogered up but not completely lost spare set extra I have on hand. I've been using a utility knife to get the small issue fixed. Enough about that - long story short as far as I'm concerned which I'm sure you could agree, making something new can be intimidating at times and many people would not admit it or maybe view it that ways but wait for a final product in hopes of avoiding failure. You Sir do what many are afraid to - stepping outside your comfort zone in pursuit of making things better not only for you but everyone. I said I am going to give a go at your carriers and I full intent on doing so and will post results here and your other thread as soon as I do hopefully providing aid in filling up that tank of gas that's running out. Sorry if this was long winded but Keep on keeping on!
    -Paul
    "The secret to getting ahead is getting started." -Mark Twain

Thanks, Mike, James, and PSQRD. I just need to see something built!

Show me the project! (To be sung to the tune of "Show me the money")

Bergerud,

I am truly inspired by your work, you sound a little discouraged that others have not jumped in. Well, give us newbie's a chance, I am so overwhelmed with trying to make Carvewright firewood I am just starting to look into jigs. If you need any help to have me build something, test something please just contact me. Heck, I am retired You have already helped me, you need to give us mere mortals a chance to catch up with the King .
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    ...Maybe no one wants to waste time making prototypes and would rather wait for the final product...
    Yes, I think most people want a turn-key device (or MPC) that has been fully tested and all (or at least most) of the 'bugs' worked out before investing their time or money.

I also think everyone greatly appreciates your efforts and tenacity in developing solutions and products to increase enjoyment and productivity with our machines. But again, the majority of folks will want a ready-to-go product that doesn't require much (if any) extra effort on their part to be able to use right away.

Please don't stop! Also, please be open to selling your MPC's and/or products so you can get paid for all the time you put into R&R. Quickest way to lose heart is to not get any compensation for hard work. You can only go so far on compliments and kudos. You deserve to get $ - you do NOT have to do all this work for free!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Bergerud,

Please don't take any lack of response as no interest. I'm currently working on your Rotary Jig. I'm just running a few projects behind. I really appreciate your ideas and when I get Rotary Jig working I will post. I just never posted because you are always on to a new one by the time I figure it out.

I have given your Rattle Snake to many elected individuals. I make sure the Republicans get the one that won't turn right and the Democrats get the one that won't turn left.
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

Thanks Michael. I have thought many times about becoming a vender and trying to sell my projects on the Carvewright website. I think this board carrier system would be a perfect candidate for this. It is trivial to make (would be basic) and extremely useful. It is something that every user can use. Most of what I would be selling, I suppose, would be instructions on ways to use it.

I think I will take your advice Michael and see if I can get this all up and running for the coming conference. Maybe I can get a "finished" model to the conference for display.

Quote Originally Posted by ladjr View Post
    I'm currently working on your Rotary Jig.
    Cool, I cannot wait to see it. (Funny about the rattleback.)

I'm in the same boat as Leo. As soon as you sent me the files my phone started ringin and I got busy.
    Trying to make a living takes priority.
    I am anxious to build both the rotary and the sled.
    Have had the bearings for the rotary a couple of weeks, just no time to carve it.
    I will be in the shop tomorrow and will probably build at least one of each.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

Alright! I think (hope) you will really like the rotary jig.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	870.8 KB 
ID:	75504Told you I wasn't bsing. Finally got around to getting the ball rolling. Nuts and bolts added up to more than I expected but I was also gestimating the specific sizes and bolt types etc. it's late now and preparing a wall to wall inventory for the when the brass rolls through to inspect as far as work is concerned. Hoping to get my first one made (crossing my fingers it's not a failed attempt) by the weeks end. I'll keep you posted with the results!
    -Paul
    -Paul
    "The secret to getting ahead is getting started." -Mark Twain

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast